BookSmart

sRGB vs Adobe RGB

I’m contemplating using Booksmart, but I am concerned about the recommended (sRGB) selection of colour space to work in. Everything I have read about colour management says the more colour information the better when printing.  sRGB contains the least amount of colour compared to Adobe RGB or other high end spaces. When the sRGB is converted to CMYK  will it take another colour hit?  My understanding is that sRGB is best used for internet and fast print jobs at Walmart or such. I’ve seen some sRGB images which look great on a calibrated monitor, but look down right trashy when printed (even with a good printer profile). Why all the conversions? Can someone direct me to an answer in the form or provide an explanation, please.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Glennogi
Jun 24, 2011 5:40am PDT
Glennogi

Three months and nome of Blurb peoples can get here and give a good reply tho this legitimate and interesting question? What a good consumer service!

Posted by
4him
Sep 14, 2011 11:40am PDT
4him

4him,

if you look at the Ts & Cs for the forums you’ll see that their prime aim is to facilitate the exchange of ideas, requests for help, discussion of issues, etc between forum members, it is NOT  the prime route to get help or comments from Blurb staff. To get that you should use the Customer Support page you’ll find under the Help menu.

I was on holiday at the time of the original post so could not respond, if  you are still looking for help Glennogi let me know and I’ll do my best to help.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 14, 2011 12:11pm PDT
tfrankland

Hi 4him,

You are violating our forums guidelines (with your other recent posts). If you continue posting duplicate, insulting or otherwise unconstructive posts I will disable your account.

If the original poster needs assistance, they can follow up with Tony’s kind offer to help above, or contact support

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Sep 14, 2011 1:31pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Good Day,

Yes, I’m in need of this very important information before I commit to having a book printed in sRGB. 

Glenn

Posted by
GlennOgilvie
Sep 17, 2011 5:01am PDT
GlennOgilvie