BookSmart

Locked OSX 10.7 Lion Compatibility

Is a BookSmart software prepared for MAC OS Lion? Anybody was tested?
Tks!

Posted by
luciano2000
Jul 20, 2011 8:00pm PDT
luciano2000

Hi luciano2000,

BookSmart is compatible with OSX Lion.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 21, 2011 8:18am PDT
csm Icon_staff

I installed the new version of Booksmart for Mac and Lion and now when I open Booksmart, it freezes…Any known patch?

Posted by
kbhpknight
Jul 24, 2011 1:33am PDT
kbhpknight

Hi kbhpknight,

BookSmart should work on a normal installation of Lion, so please contact support for help with this.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 25, 2011 12:21pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

I am running both Lion and booksmart and all works as it did before Lion.
I had reported a editing problem when the new version of Booksmart came out and it is still not addressed but all is the same with Lion.

Posted by
SenseiB
Aug 2, 2011 5:40am PDT
SenseiB

Hello,

MAc OS X Lion

Impossible to accept changes parameters with blurb, running with flash player.

http://www.visunature.com/upload/cap.jpg

HELP  !!!

Posted by
fabinette
Aug 7, 2011 12:35pm PDT
fabinette

Hello,

There’s still problems with Lion. Booksmart is recognized as PPC app on my account and runs on another one on the same machine. This is the only app which runs differently with accounts. Answer from the support : use it with the other account….

So, i will try with a fresh install of Lion but i really think that developping a true installer for Booksmart which removes all the unnecessary files from previous install will help….

Posted by
lomoseb
Sep 5, 2011 1:30am PDT
lomoseb

I was ultimately making my books on Apple Aperture, exporting the pages and importing on Bookfy, but even bookfy have glitches, the worst: A BW page that is side-by-side of a color oage get contamined with color, showing a tint of predominant color of the color side… Because of this, i was planning return to BookSmart, only to insert the alredy-baked pages to upload to Blurb, but i can´t use it, i made a clean OSX Lion 10.7.1 install on my 2011 21,5 iMac Corei5 Quad, clean user setup too but a fresh Booksmart install don´t work, i only get a error like this (http://lockerz.com/s/132236671 – But in plain english) and a no go… No log, no crash details, nothing, only a crap software that don´t work…

Blurb managers, i think that you are being foolish by yours Software enginers that consumes money and deliver this trash, fire them all and buy a licence os a trully bookmaking software like DG, You Select It, D-Book os even, a morecomprehnsive PDF-to-Book  way that doesn´t require a expensive software like inDesign…

Posted by
4him
Sep 14, 2011 11:45am PDT
4him

Hi 4him,

Four negative posts in just a few hours—you must be having quite a bad day! Please review our forums guidelines before you submit additional posts.

There’s no need to be insulting, and further unconstructive (and insulting) posts like these will  get your account closed for violating the above guideines. 

If you are having technical problems and want assistance so you can resolve those issues, then please contact customer support

I am going to lock this thread as any Lion issues should be directed to support as above.

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Sep 14, 2011 1:16pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff