BookSmart

Locked Blurb logo on last page?

My understanding is that one is required to have the Blurb logo on the last page of the book, or pay a premium price. The the “End page” that Blurb puts at the end of each book does not contain this image. In the template for this page – there is only one – there is what seems to be an image container, but the logo does not show in editing or previewing.

I don’t want to pay extra because the software is failing. The logo has disappeared from the last page of older books I examine in Booksmart as well, books in which the logo appeared when they were printed.

Booksmart 3.1.0.33329

Posted by
jshook
Jul 30, 2011 4:19pm PDT
jshook

Hi jshook,

This isn’t something I am aware of, so you may want to contact us so we can get this sorted out.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Aug 1, 2011 1:41pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

For those of you following along at home:

Blurb has contacted me sating I must have deliberately removed the logo. Mt response:

I did not do this. Did Not. I am very aware of the custom logo option and would NOT have removed the logo, so I did not. I saw no warning since I did NOT remove the logo.

This problem started with Booksmart 3.1.0.33329.

Any other book I open that was created with an earlier version is now missing the logo as well.

If I create a new book project and immediately go to the end page there is no logo.

The logo is NOT present in any book project I have created when opened with this version of Booksmart.

I tried to open the book with Booksmart 3.0.3.32853 And could not because it insisted I upgrade.

I downloaded and installed Booksmart 3.1.0.33329 again, and now the Blurb logo shows in the thumbnail for the last page, but in the full-size page in the edit window there is a gray box with the words “Unable to load image.”

I have checked BS’s resources, and “booksmart.icns” is present and seems to be a valid graphics file.

Posted by
jshook
Aug 2, 2011 7:55am PDT
jshook

P.S.

P.S. I was able to run Booksmart 3.0.3.32853 from a different drive, and a new book created from this version shows the logo. The problem is in the newest (3.1.0.33329) version of Booksmart.

Posted by
jshook
Aug 2, 2011 7:56am PDT
jshook

http://www.jshook.com/blurb2.png

Booksmart 3.1.0.33329 .

Posted by
jshook
Aug 2, 2011 8:24am PDT
jshook

Hi Jshook,

Thanks for submitting a ticket into support, I’m sorry we haven’t been able to get this resolved for you yet.

I haven’t been able to replicate this behavior on on Leopard machine at Blurb HQ which leads me to believe this might be an isolated incident with your computer. Please look for an email from me so that we can work on getting this issue figured out. 

As this appears to be a one-off, isolated event. I’m going to lock this thread.

- Padraic

Posted by
_padraic
Aug 2, 2011 10:59am PDT
_padraic Icon_staff