BookSmart

Locked Font and size

Is there any way to change the default font.

None of the themes have the font I want to use.

I was miticlously changing font on every page, and apparently I did something with the themes, and it put every thing back to Georgia 9 pt.

Now unless I find a way to change default font, I have to go back and change 150 pages by hand. 

Posted by
digiuro
Oct 31, 2007 12:13pm PDT
digiuro

Did you try Undo in Edit? Only works if you didn’t try to do any thing else.

Posted by
lcarreira
Oct 31, 2007 12:16pm PDT
lcarreira

digiuro,

Saw your problem. Just down loaded v1.9 today and have the problem of Georgia 9pt font as the default font in all cases. Reported it to Technical Support and got a quick reply from Hanna that they are working on it. Her suggestion to stay with only photo with caption layouts so not solve the problem. Making a copy of  each changed page as you did  does work (But it’s a pain!) And as you discovered any changes to themes etc will revert all fonts to the default font. I fortunately saved all my work including v1.8 in a separate drive. SO IT"S OUT WITH V1.9 and BACK TO V1.8.  Only one wasted day!  Oh yes I opened one of my books done in 1.8 and it take over 10s in preview mode for pictures to "LOAD" vs. about 1-2 sec in v1.8. Frankly I’m not sure what 1.9 offers at this point. The launch seems a bit premature or I’m just unlucky.

Posted by
lcarreira
Oct 31, 2007 6:58pm PDT
lcarreira

Hello out there:

I’m having the same problem, where is the undo feature in edit?? 

Posted by
gad
Oct 31, 2007 9:29pm PDT
gad

Hello gad;

Edit, Undo – it’s on the file menu! [Ctrl-Z]

However, it only works for the current session!

As for the "default font" I have asked Blurb to provide for a "Personal Preferences" option on the ToolBar that we could store these things in – please submit a similar request to tech-support… The more people that ask for a feature or solution – the better chance we have of getting it!

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Nov 1, 2007 2:58am PDT
lkb-28

Thanks Lee, I’ve asked for the same thing. Seems obvious that you would want the same font from page to page and within the same page as the default.

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 1, 2007 6:54am PDT
lcarreira

Hi all,

Univeral font control? That’s crazy talk!

Of course, I jest. And, of course, this is a great idea for an improvement.

Changing basic options like font is much easier to do when you are first setting up your book. Whenever any of you clever cats begin your next book, please try to adapt this workaround to better establish your global preferences:

Please create new blank pages, say 4 of them, and format them as you wish (with the background color of your choice, a single word formatted with the font and type size of your choice, your desired alignment/cropping settings for images that will later be placed on the pages, etc).

Now, along the bottom row of thumbnails, click on the first page you wish to copy, and then hold down SHIFT while clicking on the remaining 3 pages you wish to copy. Then, once they are all highlighted, press CNTRL+C to copy. Now, paste (CNTRL+V) the 4 pages you have copies at the end of the book (after selecting the last page) and paste many times (even 100 times if you want 400 pages). After you have done this, you should be able to autoflow your images through your enitre book.

For more information on multi-page-select functionality, please see:

http://blurberatiblog.com/index.php/2007/06/21/more-on-booksmart-version-18/

Best regards and Happy Blurbing!

Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Nov 2, 2007 5:19pm PDT
jbates

Jeremy,

Surely you jest?  Winging it means your suggestion is a little too much planning when you have 150-200 pictures that you are organizing in a book.

That will be my work-around for now. But I won’t be able to ween my wife off v1.8 until you make a change.  Len (Thank god for separate computers.) 

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 2, 2007 5:27pm PDT
lcarreira