BookSmart

Locked Release 1.9 - Printing Proof to PDF

Since the upgrade to release 1.9 I have not been able to print a proof to PDF.
(1) Printing takes forever – not sure if it ever finished gracefully. Think most of the times I’ve tried, when the print was ‘finished’ BookSmart had crashed.
(2) It only prints 3 pages out of just under 50.
Any advice?

Posted by
BostonClick
Oct 31, 2007 9:04pm PDT
BostonClick

Try printing out in small batches. You can select the page ranges in the print dialog box e.g. pages 1 to 10, then after that pages 11 to 20 etc. Then using Adobe Acrobat, combine all your many PDFs into one PDF.

Posted by
adrilon
Nov 1, 2007 7:04am PDT
adrilon

You should upgrade your adobe software or download a free trial of adobe 8 (which you can do for 30 days)  The print to pdf process is a nightmare.  I tried for weeks to do it with adobe 6 and then another user suggested the free trial which worked.  I have a 360 page book  and it kept taking forever then crashing by page 13.  Once I upgraded, I starting printing to pdf at 10am one day and it had only made it to page 170 by the time I left work at 7pm.  I left the computer on overnight and it was done in the morning.  so it takes a really long time (just as much, if not more than printing outright).  good luck.

Posted by
ksalzillo
Nov 1, 2007 9:18am PDT
ksalzillo

The thing that puzzles me is that I could print 150 pages to pdf before the upgrade to BookSmart 1.9 in a reasonable amount of time with the version of Acrobat  that I own …

Posted by
BostonClick
Nov 1, 2007 10:56am PDT
BostonClick

Remind me never ever to upgrade stuff unless you really have to. Bloomin’ typical that the one feature I need now doesn’t work – creating PDF proof pages to email. I just get the printing window and my PRINT button (on MAC) just flashes gently. Nothing happens when I press it.

Come on Blurb, please sort.

Posted by
heming
Oct 26, 2010 11:48am PDT
heming

Hi heming,

For help with this please contact support rather than posting to old threads.

Note: Locking post as it’s three years old.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 26, 2010 12:51pm PDT
csm Icon_staff