BookSmart

eBooks - odd picture borders

After downloading my first eBook from a BookSmart design, I’ve noticed that on most pictures that have a border applied to them, I am seeing an ugly thin inner border that shouldn’t be there. Is anyone else getting this?

Could Blurb please let us know if this is an early glitch with their epub rendering.

Thanks,

Mark Green

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
magreen
Oct 19, 2011 3:19am PDT
magreen

Yes me, as well as a tons of other problems… It seems to me we are doing the beta test, but we are paying for a service so I’m pretty upset about that!

Posted by
carodani
Oct 19, 2011 6:32am PDT
carodani

That’s the feeling I get too.

And I don’t think that seeing a page spread for the cover is very clever either. My eBook was on a Large Landscape book and it shows the cover on the right and a white space on the left. Surely an eBook should have nice cover presentation first before flipping into the page spreads.

I would also like to see the ability to create Chapters.

Posted by
magreen
Oct 19, 2011 6:50am PDT
magreen

Hi magreen,

The cover appearing as a page is necessary to show your cover correctly as a thumbnail on your iBooks bookshelf. Otherwise, Apple uses a default thumbnail if we didn’t display the cover this way.

For the rendering question I would contact support to help narrow down what may be happening.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 19, 2011 9:25am PDT
csm Icon_staff

I am having a similar problem.  My book wouldn’t download to my iPhone.  When I used another compatable program to open it, the format was terrible.  It seems it would make more sence that if you were going to only allow it on the iPhone/iPad they would just update their Booksmart Program to let you view what it would look like on those devices.  That way we don’t have to pay for a subpar product.

Posted by
baron94
Oct 22, 2011 5:45am PDT
baron94

I have the same odd borders. I also seem to have more white space at the top of the page than the bottom.
In many instances text is on top of page numbers. Anyone else have this?

Posted by
stanmckinney
Dec 27, 2011 9:45pm PDT
stanmckinney