BookSmart

A way to backup book (in progress) online?

Is there a way to back up your book from booksmart online? My book will be a year long process and I don’t want to risk loosing it if my computer crashes? I’d love to be able to keep a current copy on my account online if possible. Thank you!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
canaanrice
Nov 4, 2011 6:10am PDT
canaanrice

Blurb do not provide this facility, but there are many providers of on-line storage that you can use.

The starting point is to create a backup of your book. To do that go to the File menu in BookSmart and select Export…..Export Book, that will create single file that contains all the components of your book.

Now to find an on-line place to store that for emergencies. Many Internet Service Providers provide on-line storage for files, photographs, etc either free or for a small supplement to your monthly bill. I’d start by checking with your ISP as if they offer that facility it will probably be easy to use and cheap.

If not do a search of the Internet for "online backup" and you’ll see a host of companies offering this service, if you struggle to choose one have a look at Dropbox, that has had some good reviews.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Nov 4, 2011 11:42am PDT
tfrankland

I have tried to export my book file into dropbox (doing as instructed), and when I go to access it online, I get a message that the file does not exist … any ideas?

Posted by
tomgiske
Apr 19, 2012 6:41pm PDT
tomgiske

When i export my Booksmart file, as directed, to dropbox, I get a message online saying the file does not exist. Any ideas?

Posted by
tomgiske
Apr 19, 2012 6:43pm PDT
tomgiske