BookSmart

Locked 32,708 pages and counting

I’ve been working on my wedding story book for 3 months now.  I had planned to do a final push this weekend but have been sitting getting more and more frustrated with it today to the point of tears.

It has added 32,708 pages to my storybook, which I can’t for the life of me delete.  I see from other forums that it is a problem with the software.  I just want to cry.  I’ve tried reinstalling the software and i’ve tried doing what other forum posts have suggested but am getting nowhere.  I’ve emailed customer support but have had no response.

I feel as though all my hard work has gone to waste.  please help me someone

Posted by
morvenswan
Nov 6, 2011 2:35pm PDT
morvenswan

PS I’ve tried unlocking all the spreads and deleting the pages but it freezes and i’ve tried emailing the book to customer services to get them to fix it but its too big a file to email.  This is just soul destroying, please help me

Posted by
morvenswan
Nov 6, 2011 2:41pm PDT
morvenswan

Hi morvenswan,

Please see my post in another thread with details about this.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 7, 2011 11:17am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Craig I’d already read your post on another forum and I’ve tried this but it just freezes.  I’ve managed to unlock all the spreads and I’ve even tried to delete the pages a couple at a time but this won’t work either.  Please could you suggest an alternative as I cannot lose the last 4 months worth of work.  Could I put it onto a flash drive and post it to yourselves at blurb to fix and post back?

Posted by
morvenswan
Nov 7, 2011 2:38pm PDT
morvenswan

Hi morvenswan,

You’ll want to contact support for more help with this (make sure to note that BookSmart is freezing prior to being able to remove the pages).

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 7, 2011 3:40pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

I have the same problem with the pages I want to delete, booksmart just adds many more!!! not my wedding, not crying yet, but in the way to…

Posted by
fabienneh
Nov 9, 2011 3:44am PDT
fabienneh

Hi,

Please see my post in another thread for an update. I’ll lock this thread to avoid future confusion around this issue.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 11, 2011 1:06pm PDT
csm Icon_staff