BookSmart

BookSmart & Mac OS X Peopard NOT

I just installed Leopard on my Mac this afternoon and just tonight I opened up BookSmart to continue editing on a book I am making. I opened the book and tried to input some text and BookSmart crashed. I now can’t open it up at all.

I’m dead in the water!

I am going to try to reinstall BookSmart.

Hmmm … I’m scared!

Huckster 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
huckster
Nov 6, 2007 5:55pm PDT
huckster

Huckster,

About a week ago, more or less, I had raised some issue whether if Leopard works well with BookSmart, and Blurb has not responded for a couple of days.

Then Ben, from Tech Support team, chime in and informed us about little hiccup going on around Leopard and BookSmart regarding text issue. I am not sure what was it all about. My project is little different from yours, I am currently working with Adobe InDesign CS3 and Photoshop Extended CS3, and in some cases with Illustrator CS3. I am working on about 163 to 168 pages, more or less and am in final stage of final modification and editing around InDesign document. Once I am done with InDesign, then I’ll export it as PDF format. Then import it into Photoshop CS3 app then export it as high quality JPG format (including correct color profile and ICC profile). Once this task is done and completed with Ps CS3 export, then I’ll just simply do the autoflow into BookSmart app.

Anyway, I suggest that you contact Blurb Tech Support and tell them the exact version of Leopard, exact version of BookSmart, exact technical information about your Mac, including hard drive space, all that sorta of things like that, the better informed for Blurb Team looking into your problem. Once they receive your contact form submitted online, they respond approximately one business day.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Nov 7, 2007 3:10pm PDT
brianbonitz

The latest version of Booksmart (1.9.2) seems to work fine with Leopard. I have no problems changing text.

Posted by
JohanElzenga
Nov 19, 2007 7:42am PDT
JohanElzenga

I am having problems editing text in Booksmart and I’m using Leopard. Problem being that when I highlight the text to change the font or size, it doesn’t actually change it.  I’ll drop support an email to see what they can come up with.

Posted by
rachelbibby
Nov 19, 2007 2:24pm PDT
rachelbibby

JohanEtzenga,

I am afraid that you don’t understand what I am saying in my recent reply post. I am referring it to working with InDesign and Photoshop, and exporting these files to BookSmart, and the funny fuzzy, jazzy looks appeared on BookSmart IS what I am referring to and what I am talking about in essence to fuzzy, jazzy look per se.

Hope that clears up a bit or less confusion to misunderstand or something like that.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Nov 19, 2007 7:27pm PDT
brianbonitz

Brian,

Perhaps I wasn’t answering you, but the original poster… He said “I just installed Leopard on my Mac this afternoon and just tonight I opened up BookSmart to continue editing on a book I am making. I opened the book and tried to input some text and BookSmart crashed.” I had the same experience (Booksmart crashing with Leopard) with Booksmart 1.9.1, but 1.9.2 works fine now.

Posted by
JohanElzenga
Nov 23, 2007 7:54am PDT
JohanElzenga