BookSmart

Locked book title repeats, booksmart crashes

I just upgraded my booksmart software to the lastest version.

I had already started a book using an older version.  When I fired up the new software the book title and author on the spine repeats.

e.g.  My Cool BookMy Cool BooMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BooMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BooMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool BookMy Cool Book

Same thing for Author.  When I try and fix it manually, I unlock the title.  But as soon as I make an edit elsewhere the title repeats again.  The software crashes after I make a few edits.

I exported the book before upgrading.  I tried importing into the new software.  Same thing….

Problem seems to be the same as here:

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/1/topics/855#posts-3947

Help!!  I’m 163 pages into this and I don’t wanna start again!!  TIA.  Arie

Posted by
ArieAndDiana
Nov 22, 2011 9:55pm PDT
ArieAndDiana

Hi Arie,

Please contact support for help with this. Note this post and that we will likely need to obtain your book file if it is indeed crashing.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 23, 2011 8:57am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Thanks Craig.  Email sent.

Posted by
ArieAndDiana
Nov 23, 2011 12:27pm PDT
ArieAndDiana

Just to add:

Crashes only seem to happen on the file that got transferred directly from the old to the new version of BS.  The Export-Import version hasn’t crashed on me yet.

Posted by
ArieAndDiana
Nov 23, 2011 12:30pm PDT
ArieAndDiana

See my older post…… http://forums.blurb.com/forums/1/topics/10592

which I got no reply to…(I did contact support but the advice didn’t help resolve the isssue)

Glad to see that someone else is having this same issue.  No crashes just keeps adding unwanted text on the book spline.

Posted by
wparks
Nov 24, 2011 10:38am PDT
wparks

Same problem with the repeating title here with two books, one started in 3.2.1 and one in an older version.

I’ve found out that this happens when you try to change the text of the spine title (color or font don’t create the problem), and after that try to add a page. You get a text overflow warning and the title is in there two to five times, or perhaps even more. When you make the spine title blank and then add a page, the original title comes back and stays there, even if you add another page it’s fine. Problem is I wanted to add the year to the title and I don’t see any other option than the change it on the spine, if I could just edit the book properties in the same way it was started it would be fine. I have only full page images so I think I’ll just try and start over. 

Posted by
kvdnberg
Nov 27, 2011 5:09am PDT
kvdnberg

BTW Just updated to 3.2.2. but the problem persists.

Posted by
kvdnberg
Nov 27, 2011 5:10am PDT
kvdnberg

I ran into this problem as well. when viewing the layout of the front back and spine try editing the spine. When I did, it asked me to ‘unlock’ the text, I did, and was able to change it.

Posted by
alexcmei
Nov 28, 2011 12:16am PDT
alexcmei

Hey everyone,

We’ve recently released a small update to BookSmart that should prevent the spine text from repeating. Support recommends upgrading only if you are experiencing this specific issue.

Please let us know if you continue to see the problem after upgrading.

- Padraic

Posted by
_padraic
Feb 9, 2012 1:09pm PDT
_padraic Icon_staff