BookSmart

Logo disappearing...

When I upload my logo into the book… and try to preview, the box is black.. any ideas why? I’m uploading in a JPG format..I’ve tried with a clear background..and a white background… Thanks!
lacy

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
aggiegal1
Nov 14, 2007 5:43pm PDT
aggiegal1

Hello aggiegal1;

Ensure your image has been "flattened" first; that seems to be the normal culprit!

BookSmart doesn’t like anything other than regular, simple JPEGs or – at a stretch – .PNG files…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Nov 15, 2007 4:36am PDT
lkb-28

Hey Lee… The images was flattened… it still is showing up blank :(

Posted by
aggiegal1
Nov 18, 2007 8:08am PDT
aggiegal1

Okay..so i tried the PNG file… and it works…BUT.. it looks very… blotchy…. for instance.. the word Photography .. in my logo..looks like there are chunks missing out of each letter LOL… not sure what to do… so its not clear…at all

Posted by
aggiegal1
Nov 18, 2007 9:06am PDT
aggiegal1

haha.. so since I’m trying to get several of these printed by November 20th.. to take advantage of the free shipping opportunity..I’m going to go ahead and ask another question… Is there a way for you guys to see what the logo looks like..before printing…and if it looks bad… give me the option to change it? The logo appears until I go into Preview mode..and then it goes BLACK…I’ve flattened, tried PNG (which worked but was extremely unclear)... Anyway.. as of now..the only thing I see as the solution (unless you have a better solution) is the create a page at the very end of the book as a JPG..that has my logo at the bottom… and just revert back to the blurb logo… What do you think? Thanks ;).. Sorry to be such a pain..

Posted by
aggiegal1
Nov 18, 2007 5:27pm PDT
aggiegal1