BookSmart

Locked Forget about customer support

You can forget about customer support from the people at Blurg – it doesn’t exist. After trying several times to upload a blog book for publication, and runnning into an error message which told me I needed to remove an image from page 79 whose source file was missing (there was no image or source file reference on page 79 that I could see) I sent an email to the Blurb helpdesk requesting assistance. Over the next 48 hours I received four or five emails, each one from a different individual, requesting, first, a screen shot, then information about which version of Blurb I was using, and then – silence. I sent through several more reminders and requests for assistance but no one has bothered to respond. I am fed up and frustrated, and have given up on Blurb and its products. If anyone can recommend a better service provider, I’d be glad to hear about it. And for those of you thinking about using Blurb, think again. Glen

Posted by
glencfisher
Jan 24, 2012 5:23pm PDT
glencfisher

Hi Glen,

Sorry to hear about the upload difficulty. Please continue to work with support on this and we should be able to isolate the problem image and have your book uploaded soon.

Please try not to repeatedly respond to your ticket as that will refresh the time stamp and tickets are usually responded to by oldest to newest. Also, remember that we do go home occasionally so if you respond in the evening there will likely not be a response until the following day.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jan 25, 2012 9:03am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Hey Glen,

I’m glad we were able to address the upload error you were having and I’m stoked to see you were able to order your project.

- Padraic

Posted by
_padraic
Jan 30, 2012 4:58pm PDT
_padraic Icon_staff