BookSmart

Can't open books done in 2009, don't know in which version

I searched and found that this is not a new problem, but I didn’t finde the solution.

Last time I worked with my books was back in 2009. Since then, I upgraded the PC, and then I switched to Mac alltogether. Today, I wanted to update some of those books, I installed the last version of BookSmart on the Mac, and tried to import an old book, and I get the error "This file does not appear to be exported from BookSmart". I tried other files without success. I thought it could be something with the Mac/PC format, so I installed the last version for PC on a PC, but the error message was there again.

Whty can`t I open my old files? Is there a conversion program/procedure that I could do to recover my work?

Thanks!!!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pfehlauer
Feb 26, 2012 7:52am PDT
pfehlauer

Yes, I would REALLY love to know the answer to this as well – I am quite worried that I cannot open my books that were created in 2010 – the’d have to be totally redone again !! (hope not).

Posted by
JezUK
Mar 10, 2012 8:24am PDT
JezUK

I also would like to know this as I am in the same situation.

Posted by
ashlemon
Mar 13, 2012 11:35am PDT
ashlemon

Hi ashlemon,

All previously created book projects should open in the latest version of BookSmart. If you are trying to import an exported file via the IMPORT option and get this error "This file does not appear to be exported from BookSmart," restart BookSmart and try again.

If you still have trouble contact support for more help.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Mar 14, 2012 8:10am PDT
csm Icon_staff