BookSmart

Locked Important update to BookSmart for Mac OSX Lion users

Hi-

If you’re running Mac OSX Lion and have recently updated Java, you’ll need to download an updated version of BookSmart.

Updating to this new version of BookSmart will not affect any existing projects. After you download and install, you should be able to open BookSmart again and to locate any of your books.

As always, let support know if you experience problems updating the software.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 6, 2012 8:46am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Just wanted to check that yo had sent me an email today (April 7) re: “A recent Apple update for Java on Mac OS X is causing BookSmart, our downloadable bookmaking tool, to crash as it opens.” Could yo confirm. Thanks, Robin

Posted by
baytidings
Apr 7, 2012 9:49am PDT
baytidings

What is the number of this latest version? Is it 3.2.2.3?

Posted by
jacobslaurie
Apr 10, 2012 5:09am PDT
jacobslaurie

yes — i’m still having problems! i downloaded the fix, but keep getting this error msg when i click on the program in applications, as instructed.
“Booksmart encountered a technical glitch and needed to close. Sorry about that.”
i’m certainly sorry about that…

Posted by
gxgregg
Apr 10, 2012 12:43pm PDT
gxgregg

Craig— I am using Mac OS X 10.5.8. Leopard. I downloaded the Apple fix issued April 3. I can open BookSmart (3.0.2.32794), but it no longer responds to editing commands. I have not downloaded Blurb’s fix for Lion. Please advise.

Posted by
DesmondBooks
Apr 11, 2012 9:25pm PDT
DesmondBooks

I don’t know what I’m doing, but I was working on my book and all of a sudden, the screen went black.  I can’t close out or anything.  Just black.  Any suggestions?

Posted by
mwpstories
Apr 12, 2012 9:48am PDT
mwpstories

Hi mwpstories,

Please contact support for help as this is a problem unrelated to this thread.

@ DesmondBooks- Even though the above problem does not affect Leopard machines I would still recommending re-installing the software with the latest update and see if that helps.

@ gxgregg- Try re-installing the update again (re-download as well). If you still have the problem let support know as you probably have an isolated issue.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 13, 2012 9:02am PDT
csm Icon_staff

i have a mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 system, and it will not allow BookSmart to open; it is in Applications, and I downloaded the “fix”

Posted by
suZQZ
Apr 16, 2012 7:25pm PDT
suZQZ

Hello, Same thing here, i cannot open the app anymore even with my machine up to date and the fix installed.

Posted by
ad013
Apr 18, 2012 8:36am PDT
ad013

Hi suZQZ and ad013,

You’ll want to contact support for more help as you may experiencing isolated issues.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 18, 2012 9:36am PDT
csm Icon_staff

I am using Mac OS 10.7.3.  I have downloaded and installed Blurb 3.2.5.34245 twice and I am still not able to access my iPhoto data.  The book-in-progress loads, but I am unable to access iPhoto in order to continue working on the book.  Under "Get Photos", iPhoto is greyed out.  Also, I am not able to access Blurb Preferences — when I select it, nothing happens.

-Margo

Posted by
malakoff
Apr 18, 2012 11:41am PDT
malakoff

Still not opening – any othert thoughts?

Posted by
keithbarnwel
May 3, 2012 4:30am PDT
keithbarnwel

Hi keithbarnwel,

It sounds like you are experiencing something not related to this thread, so I’d recommend you contact support for more help.

(Locking thread as this issue has been resolved.)

-Craig

Posted by
csm
May 3, 2012 1:54pm PDT
csm Icon_staff