BookSmart

BookSmart Release Notes

I have tried to find the release notes for BookSmart 3 version  2.2 vs.2.5 and can’t find anywhere on the web site where Blurb posts release notes for the software.

It doesn’t come up on a search in the forum.

Unless I’m crazy this is the only software developer I’ve ever seen who doesn’t post their release notes on their web site.

Does anyone know the difference in these versions before I blindly update?

Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
RonnPJski
Apr 7, 2012 1:01pm PDT
RonnPJski

I was not able to find them also.

I did the mistake of upgrading from 3.1.1  to 3.2.4 and all my center gutter images are now touching the "Pink area".

So now I am wondering if I should go back to 3.1.1  or try this new 3.2.5

Also, I noted that 3.2.4 was taking longer to load. Someone said to remove some fonts that I dont use from my PC but why wasnt this a problem in the previous version?

I wonder if they QA properly what they release…. :-(

Posted by
cpaquin
Apr 7, 2012 7:35pm PDT
cpaquin

Once you have upgraded and opened a book in the new software it is automatically saved in the new versions file format. To my knowledge you can not go back to a previous version with that book once it was opened in the newer version. Booksmart is not backward compatible!!!

Posted by
wparks
Apr 25, 2012 6:51am PDT
wparks

Not always true. There was a recent release (not the latest) that added extra pages, and added a copy of your book’s title and author text to their fields every time you made an edit, and possibly other bugs. I backed off that version to the previous one, and the older version opened the books made in the newer version perfectly well. (I keep an archive of BookSmart versions for this reason.) It did work that one time, but I think it’s true that as a rule you should assume that you can’t open a book in an older version of BS than the one you made it with. Except when you can.

Posted by
jshook
Apr 25, 2012 7:03am PDT
jshook

I also keep copies of previous versions of BookSmart. In general I finish the current book before upgrading but if I want the new version straightaway before I install it I back up any work-in-progress books just so I have a version I can revert to if the new release of BookSmart proves to be a bummer – though that is rarely the case.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 25, 2012 11:26pm PDT
tfrankland