BookSmart

Removing duplicate images in "My Photos" after re-import

I added a lot of photo’s to a folder and edited quite a few in PS. I then re-imported the entire folder into BookSmart, BUT I then had a lot of duplicates and this is just messy.

How do I clean up the "My Photos" function inside BookSmart without manually deleting one and one picture?

Cheers

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Saint78
Apr 16, 2012 5:55am PDT
Saint78

Make sure all the photos you want to keep are used on a page of your book.

File > Open…

Click on the name of your book. Don’t open it, just click on the name once.

Click on the button at the bottom of the dialog box that says “Remove Unused Images.”

WARNING: I have never tried this. I have no idea how well it works. I would save a duplicate of the book before trying it in case it goes wrong.

Posted by
jshook
Apr 16, 2012 6:22am PDT
jshook

An alternative approach that I use…..

Underneath MY PHOTOS in BookSmart (where you see your duplicates) select the Filter drop down. In there deselect Show Used Photos and select Show Unused Photos. You can then select and delete the ones shown.  Although you can use Edit…..Undo if you change your mind I would still take a backup copy of the book (File…..Export…..Export Book Project) as James recommends.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Apr 16, 2012 9:21am PDT
tfrankland

Duplicate File Finder will find and delete duplicate files so you won’t experience lack of free disk space! Obviously you can find your duplicate file from your PC. For this just need to download “Duplicate Files Deleter” from http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com. It may be able to find this file from your hard drive.

Posted by
Samilabing
Nov 1, 2012 11:21am PDT
Samilabing

If you take the time to read the post you’ll realise it is not about duplicate files on a disk but different versions of the same file inside the BookSmart image list. The application you are plugging will be of no help at all.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Nov 1, 2012 11:26am PDT
tfrankland

f you take the time to read the post you’ll realise it is not about duplicate files on a disk but different versions of the same file inside the BookSmart image list. The application you are plugging will be of no help at all……………..http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com

Posted by
tirajay
Dec 23, 2012 6:20pm PDT
tirajay

Remove all the unwanted, duplicated files from your machine. Software name is DuplicateFilesDeleter.

Posted by
olibre
Dec 5, 2013 8:17am PDT
olibre

But files used in books in BookSmart are RENAMED and moved to a library folder within your book project. So any duplicate file finder software will not find it.

Posted by
jshook
Dec 6, 2013 11:02am PDT
jshook