BookSmart

Locked New version of BookSmart hot off the presses

Good news everyone!

Summer is here (for those of us in the northern hemisphere) and so is the next release of BookSmart, version 3.3. This release incorporates quite a few user requested features while also cleaning up a some pesky existing bugs. New to BookSmart 3.3  are the following features:

• Adding multiple pages at a time

Now when inserting a page, you are given the option of adding up to 50 pages at a time either before or after the page you have selected.

• Applying a page layout to multiple selected pages at once

No longer must you individually change each page to your favorite layout. You can now change the layout for all pages selected when chosen from the page navigator thumbnails.

• Issues notification panel updates

We’ve adjusted this information panel to only appear on the initial warning, not each time the page or container is revisited.

• An “ebook-Friendly Font” section to the font pull-down with additional fonts

These fonts are recommended for users interested in converting their BookSmart book to an ebook , as they are fonts specially licensed by Blurb for ebooks so no font substitution will occur during conversion.

As always, we suggest backing up your book projects before upgrading and if you are just wrapping up your book it’s best to just wait until you are finished to upgrade.
Please give BookSmart 3.3 a whirl and let us know what you think! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

-          Padraic

Posted by
_padraic
Jul 11, 2012 11:36am PDT
_padraic Icon_staff

In the newest version of BookSmart 3.3 do you still offer the option of creating the 13 X 11 large landscape book?

Posted by
leecdunn
Jul 26, 2012 11:33am PDT
leecdunn

Hi leecdunn,

Yes, the Large Landscape size is still available with this upgrade.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 27, 2012 7:38am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Is the new version of BookSmart compatible with the new Apple Mac operating system, Mountain Lion (10.8)?
Bob Anderson

Posted by
rha90272
Jul 30, 2012 5:06pm PDT
rha90272

Hi rha90272,

Yes, the latest version of BookSmart is supported on Mountain Lion.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jul 31, 2012 9:45am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Hi, I’m new to blurb. Just D/L the latest OS X Booksmart and after installing (drag/drop to apps) it will not open. There is a message about not having the appropriate access level. I’m running a macmini with 10.6.8 Intel 2 Core Duo.

Posted by
donbienve
Aug 6, 2012 7:34pm PDT
donbienve

Does the new version do the following:

1. Can I organize my page layouts on my own? It currently is displayed from the first layout to the last layout I made. I would prefer to sort it so it displays it by the number of pics.

2. Can i choose a picture layout now by choosing a tab that organizes by number of photos?

Posted by
concepcion
Aug 13, 2012 8:43pm PDT
concepcion

Hi concepcion,

Layouts are still automatically organized, but good suggestion though! Also, there is no "tab" selection for layouts by amount of image containers. Not sure if it helps but all layouts (except those that are custom made) are generally organized from fewest to most image containers.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Aug 14, 2012 8:10am PDT
csm Icon_staff

I have v. 3.3.1.34418 of BookSmart and have been stopped uploading photos by clicking "publish" from LR3 [Lightroom 3] after having completed all of the publish services setup.  I am told that the present version of BookSmart cannot publish or upload directly from LR3.  That is the whole point of the plugin and the whole reason I downloaded blurb’s BookSmart.  Have I wasted my time trying to get this cumbersome plugin installation to work properly directly out of Lightroom?

Posted by
morrisroos
Aug 23, 2012 12:32pm PDT
morrisroos

Hi morrisroos,

The plug-in for Lightroom 3 should still be operational. I suggest contacting support about this so we can hopefully figure out what’s going wrong.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Aug 23, 2012 1:27pm PDT
csm Icon_staff