BookSmart

Downloading and Importing old book for reprinting

I produced a book, last published in 2008. I have since moved to India from the UK, and wish to ammend the version of the book. I don’t have access to the computer the original book was created on.
Can I download the version that was uploaded to Blurb into BookSmart onto my current computer? This will enable me to make amendments and upload for republishing.
thanks for any help given.
Rob

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
robthomas
Oct 27, 2012 12:27pm PDT
robthomas

I’m having the same problem, Rob.  Can anyone advise how to open a previously published book in BookSmart for editing and re-publishing on a new computer without having backed up the book from the original computer (which I don’t have anymore)?  Many thanks.

Katherine

Posted by
kbfreer
Oct 29, 2012 4:23pm PDT
kbfreer

It’s a question that has been asked many times in the forums and it appears there are no facilities for doing that.

The individual files that make up your book (and are stored in the BookSMartData folder) are not uploaded to the Blurb server, the individual pages are rendered/formatted on your PC using the fonts on your PC then those page images are uploaded with the photos.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Oct 30, 2012 12:45am PDT
tfrankland

Tony

Please answer the question: How do you access in a published book in Blurb to make additional changes/corrections? I know you’ve answered this many times but it still isn’t clear what link you click to reopen the published book to make edits?

Posted by
Englishman44
Sep 9, 2013 10:16am PDT
Englishman44

Englishman44,

It depends on the situation. Do you have access to the files on the PC that created the book? If the answer is no then all is lost, as I said before there is no link you can click to reopen the book to make edits – there is no way to download an editable version of the book from the Blurb server so that you can make changes.

If you do have access to the files (or you used Bookify) then it depends on which tool you used to create the book, if you used BookSmart of Bookify then make sure you are logged in. Go to Blurb’s Home Page and click on the My Projects and Account at the top of the window, then select My Book Projects and select your book from the list it will show you.

If you used LIghtroom you will need to open Lightroom, navigate to the Book module and select your book – ASSUMING you saved your book?

If you used InDesign you will need to open InDesign and then open your book – ASSUMING you saved your book?

If you used Blurb’s eBook creator, Samsung Story Album or Blurb Mobile 2.0 I cannot help you.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 9, 2013 1:21pm PDT
tfrankland