BookSmart

Installation of Booksmart 3.4.2 failed

Hi all,

I have previously used an earlier version of Booksmart on my Windows 7 pc. I decided to upgrade to the current version, mainly because I wanted to change the size of the book I had created.

I downloaded the installation application file BookSmart_3.4.2.  When I run it, it starts to install, but then stops and gives me the following error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BookSmart\resources\themes\library\travel_familyfun_12x12.bev
Could not create this file. Shall I try again?
Yes/No/Cancel "

whatever I do, it then displays:

"An error occurred:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -42652899
Error log: C:\Users\ {etc} error13743….log"

Then says it’s rolling back the installation, and stops. The installation is not complete. I’ve installed the latest Java, just in case it was critically out of date. And there’s plenty of disk space.

So I did have a working Booksmart, and now I don’t.

Can anyone help with this??
Thanks
Marc

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
DocH
Nov 9, 2012 8:26am PDT
DocH

Have you tried customer support? (accessed via the  How Tos menu above), that’s a more direct route to getting help from Blurb staff than waiting for them to spot your post in the forums.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Nov 9, 2012 8:44am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks Tony,

I’ve emailed support.

But if anyone else has an idea first, please post it!!

Posted by
DocH
Nov 9, 2012 8:51am PDT
DocH

Fixed. The installation executable hadn’t quite completely downloaded and I hadn’t noticed. Consequently, it crashed during the installation process.  I re-downloaded it, and it installed fine.

Posted by
DocH
Nov 12, 2012 4:24pm PDT
DocH

I’m having the same problem! Even our computer guy is stumped! If any knows the solution, please let us know (I’ve also contacted Blurb’s support, no luck)

Posted by
missjacqui7
Mar 14, 2014 7:54pm PDT
missjacqui7