BookSmart

Windows 8

Will the booksmart software run on Windows 8 ?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
SimonBolton
Jan 15, 2013 10:37am PDT
SimonBolton

Yes it does

Posted by
rib9462
Jan 16, 2013 2:56pm PDT
rib9462

I’m trying to install booksmart on a windows 8 PC and running into problems. The .exe is in my “downloads” folder, but when I run it a dialog box pops up and asks if the program can make changes to the hard drive and I click “ok” and then nothing else happens. In the task manager I don’t see booksmart running. I’ve changed the windows firewall settings to allow booksmart.exe through the firewall. Any other suggestions?

Posted by
con_case
Jan 20, 2013 8:45am PDT
con_case

Run as administrtor?

Posted by
rib9462
Jan 22, 2013 4:06am PDT
rib9462

I am having the same problem and neither is working.

Posted by
tinlizzy
Mar 6, 2013 1:34pm PDT
tinlizzy

same. i get ‘this app can’t run on your pc’ :’(

Posted by
Tearna
Aug 1, 2013 4:22am PDT
Tearna

I have a similar problem – it starts to install then tells me it cannot create a dll file and cancels the installation. Any ideas?

Posted by
ewpphotonut
Aug 31, 2013 9:39am PDT
ewpphotonut

A lot of my favorite programs won’t run unless I right click on the program in Start and then choose to make a shortcut to the desktop; and it will put a shortcut on your windows 7 style desktop.
After making a shortcut it might run from the desktop; worth a try anyway.
I am new to Windows 8, but needed my older programs to run from the desktop, same as I usually do. Hope that helps.

Posted by
SHToad60
Sep 9, 2013 5:13pm PDT
SHToad60

HMM forgot; sorry; right click on program; choose to see file location and then drap and drop to desktop and choose create a shortcut. Out of practice; already created shortcuts to most of my older programs that won’t load and run in Windows 8.

Posted by
SHToad60
Sep 9, 2013 5:15pm PDT
SHToad60