BookSmart

Sharing Custom Layout Templates

Does anyone know of anywhere people have shared their custom BookSmart layout templates? I have LR4 and I like some of those but I am using the BookSmart program because of the options I have. The LR4 templates are not in BookSmart for me to use already so I was thinking about finding someone who has already done that or has made some other great templates that would be willing to share ideas.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
vietdinh
Jan 20, 2013 12:26am PDT
vietdinh

There have been a few threads on this topic since the facility became available in BookSmart  so a search of the forums may prove fruitful. I bookmarked this site from one of those threads but have not tried any of the templates yet.

….Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 20, 2013 1:44am PDT
tfrankland

Out of curiosity I just did a search of the internet for "blurb booksmart templates" and found a few sites  offering ones for download, some free some for sale.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 20, 2013 2:07am PDT
tfrankland

Well I’d like to address two things with that link:
1. The Quickstart templates were removed from the Blurb site so those are not usable in anyway.
2. I was looking for things like basic templates that people have come up with to then add more personal changes later on.
My best example would be if anyone has used the Book function on Lightroom 4 that has a grid of squares about 7×9 but only about 50% of the page is covered in them in a right triangle shape. Now I can probably make that in Booksmart, but I’m sure someone else would like to use that same one and it would be beneficial for them If I could share my hard work in customizing that template while trading a template of theirs.
Perhaps if Blurb makes a section on their website, they could have a template posting service to allow people to download one another’s custom templates for free(because who doesn’t love free?). That way, someone can benefit from me making that template while I can benefit from others contributing their own templates.

Posted by
vietdinh
Jan 20, 2013 2:10am PDT
vietdinh

I finished typing my last msg before I could see your post.
I tried looking for free sources but I didn’t find any real results that are just in Booksmart. There is a lot of InDesign stuff and other plugins that offer templates, but I’m barely getting my feet wet in Lightroom and Booksmart so I don’t want to dive into all that yet.

Posted by
vietdinh
Jan 20, 2013 2:18am PDT
vietdinh

I to would really like this. I cannon believe there are all those templates in lightroom but not in booksmart. My wife and I created a book in lightroom but reached the 240 page limit. We are now planning on using booksmart to get the 440 limit but none of our layouts are there. HUGE pain in the butt.

Posted by
tcgooferhunt
Oct 26, 2013 2:10pm PDT
tcgooferhunt