BookSmart

Locked customer support

I have sent 5 requests for info and had no reply. I wonder if they are still in business or having trouble.

Posted by
giotto100
Jan 30, 2013 11:56am PDT
giotto100

Hi giotto100,

It looks like we responded to your one submitted ticket on Monday. If you are having trouble viewing our replies you may want to check your spam folder, or use an alternative email address.

In answer to your question – we do not have a recommended path for selling your books to other retailers.  We do have a workflow for submitting ebooks to Apple iBookstore and more info on that can be found in this FAQ.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jan 30, 2013 1:07pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Thank you at long last

Does it make sense to contact Amazon and Barnes and Noble to see if there is some way to do this. It would seen that these are venues for more book sales and I am surprised that you don’t support this idea or method.

FYI: I didn’t get the response from you but will watch my email more carefully to try and see if the spam filter is catching it.

thanks

Posted by
giotto100
Jan 30, 2013 2:41pm PDT
giotto100

Hi,

It probably wouldn’t hurt – with print books some retailers simply need a valid ISBN (purchased outside of Blurb) to sell a book. That said, each will have it’s own set of rules for submitting books (both print and digital) to their stores.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Jan 30, 2013 5:02pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Hi giotto100,

there have been a few dAiscusions in the forums on selling Blurb books through Amazon, a search of the forums would throw those up. But one seemed to me to be of particular worth so I booked marked it, it also has comments on Barnes and Noble.

http://forums.blurb.com/forums/2/topics/442

Also have a read of this thread, it’s not all relevent to you but some of the individual posts within it may be useful.  http://forums.blurb.com/forums/3/topics/8944

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 31, 2013 1:45am PDT
tfrankland

has anyone received support responses that indicate their questions to support have not been read or, if read, totally misunderstood?

i simply need help with blurb’s poorly functioning text in booksmart, and also the screwing-up from booksmart to ebook.

my answers from chris@support reveal such ignorance and laziness that the many back/forth emails are funny as an example of a dysfuntioning support dept. i’ll save them for the future, maybe post them here, send to the blurb powers-that-be.

chris in support has been giving me timely responses.

Posted by
akame
Feb 12, 2013 10:00am PDT
akame

I agree with giotto 100

Here is my latest request for Customer Support:

Hello,

I’m hoping third time is a charm. I have asked these two simple questions twice already and no one has responded.

Once a book has been printed is it possible to order a pdf version of the book? And if so, how?

How do I have my book as Public?

I have gone onto “FAQ” and found:

1. Sign into Blurb, then click on My Books.
2. Click on Settings next to the cover of the book you would like to make public or private. __3. Scroll to the bottom of this page and find the Privacy Settings under the Share tab. Then simply select Public or Private and click save changes.

Unfortunately when I sign in there is no “My Books” to click.

When I do a search it takes me back to 1. Sign into Blurb, then click on My Books etc etc.

Thanks,

Jack C

Order numbers 3352012 3351601 3346329

As an aside, these are my 61st, 62nd and 63rd books I’ve produced, and I’ve never had as many crashes and issues as I had with these three.

Posted by
Jackc
Jul 28, 2013 8:33pm PDT
Jackc

Hi Jackc,

It looks like your requests are not getting through to us (you should receive a confirmation email after doing so). I’ve manually created a ticket for you and it should get looked at soon.

You can also check your previously submitted support requests and the status of them as well.

Thanks for your patience.

-Craig

Note: closing thread as off topic.

Posted by
csm
Jul 29, 2013 7:47am PDT
csm Icon_staff