BookSmart

Request to allow resizing of photo boxes on pages

BookSmart contains a reasonable number of page layouts for photos, but in many cases your layouts do not quite meet my needs.

Yes, I’m aware that I could use a program like PhotoShop to format my pages, but I don’t want to do that. I want to use the BookSmart tool to combine photos and text and to build my book.

I’d like to see the ability to resize the photo boxes on the standard BookSmart layout pages.

Is this a possibility for a short-term change? Or for a longer term enhancement?

Denise 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
deniseG
Dec 2, 2007 8:13am PDT
deniseG

I agree. Although I can understand that resizing the boxes could become a nightmare, I frequently find there are some layouts that do not have mirror-image complements, etc.

What I have done in some cases to get some variety is to use multiple-picture layouts and leave many of the pictures blank—-sometimes these have better sizes for the big image than the single-image layouts.

I’ve also resized images to be smaller than the placeholder box, but then alignment is completely manual and nothing can "come in" to the left-over space. I tend to stay away from this for that reason. 

Posted by
pelesl
Dec 2, 2007 4:00pm PDT
pelesl