BookSmart

No title on book (hardcover) as opposed to on the book jacket

I just received my first blurb book, and on the whole I am happy with it.

But – I was shocked to find that there is no title and author shown on the outside of the actual book. Both the front and the spine are blank. I did not expect my bookcover photo to be on the book itself, but I did expect to see the title and author.

Yes, the slipcover is nice. But don’t you know that often that is eventually tossed, leaving the bare book to sit on a shelf?

Are there any plans to change this behavior? I like the option of getting a hardcover book, but without any identification on the outside of the book I think I need to rethink that and perhaps change to softcover books.

Denise

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
deniseG
Dec 2, 2007 8:25am PDT
deniseG

Hi Denise –
Thank you so much for the suggestion. You are correct. We should make it more clear that there is no embossing on the actual book case.

You will see a few new binding and cover options from us in the next few months, but I can’t promise this exact book feature at this point.
Cheers,
Chad

Posted by
CapnScrappy
Dec 18, 2007 1:06pm PDT
CapnScrappy

I was aware of that from the beginning of my bookmaking, so it must have been clearly stated somewhere .. although I’m not sure where.

viovio has a casewarp hardcover that looks really cool. I’m not sure how it holds up in reality, but it reminds me of a textbook cover where the picture/cover is actually wraped onto the the book cover. I think that PLUS the cover would be ideal.. so the  cover protects the casewrap for a few years and then when it’s bit the dust, the book still looks fabulous. i don’t think vio vio offers both, but if I could have any option at all.. that’s what I would choose ;) I think it would be much better than embossing.

Posted by
ambychelle
Dec 18, 2007 5:38pm PDT
ambychelle