BookSmart

Customising 2-page photo spreads

All other photo pages are able to be customised, why not  the 2 page spread? I would like an image to flow over slightly to the opposite page and then have the ability to add a smaller image or two on the overflow page or even have a customised text box too. Possible now? In the future?.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
nnudekim
Nov 19, 2013 6:16am PDT
nnudekim

I’ve done this:
http://www.blurb.com/books/4209986-thin-air

Assuming the full-photo page is on the left, and it flows a bit over onto the right page:

Use the BookSMart full-page graphic layout for the left page.

Create a custom page with the partial image container and the image container for the smaller image.

Calculate the size that your photo needs to be to fill the full left page and the image container for the part carried over onto the right page

Size your image accordingly and import into BookSmart

Drop the image into the left page

Drop the same image into the right page area where the image is to continue on that page

Select the image on the left page, and use the arrow keys to move it so that the left edge of the image lines up with the left edge of the image container/page

Now select the same image in its container on the right page

Use the arrow keys to move the image left until the right edge of the image is just at the edge of the right image container’s right edge

You may find that there will be duplicate pixels at the junction of the left and right pages, but in my experience, these will be down in the crevice between the pages when the book is opened (there must be a technical term for this)

Posted by
jshook
Nov 20, 2013 6:46am PDT
jshook

Great! Works for me. Many thanks, but Blurb could have made it easier for us though.

Posted by
nnudekim
Nov 24, 2013 4:31pm PDT
nnudekim