BookSmart

Problem adding photos to booksmart

Hello,

I’m having problems adding photos to a booksmart project. I already have a ton of photos in the book but I want to add some more. When I add photos from my computer the box flashes up with ‘importing’, quickly disappears and then no new photos are added. The files were large so I’ve compressed them in case that was it but no luck.

I’m on windows 7 and have downloaded the most recent version of booksmart.

Any ideas?

Thank you thank you!
Kirsten

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
kirstenhunte
Nov 27, 2013 4:46am PDT
kirstenhunte

What format are these pictures? If they are not JPGs or PNGs, BookSmart won’t accept them.

If they are JPGs, make sure they are in the RGB color space. JPGs that are in the CYMK color space won’t work

Posted by
jshook
Nov 27, 2013 12:58pm PDT
jshook

I have the exact same problem, running Booksmart 3.4.4 on Windows 64-bit.  This really is ridiculous. All my images are in the same folder, all are RGB jpgs, but some just will not appear.

Posted by
bschaldon
Jan 7, 2014 4:51am PDT
bschaldon

A thought, if they are from a modern digital camera the ones that don’t import my be too big. The limit is 15Mb, details in this FAQ.

…..Tony 

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 7, 2014 7:32am PDT
tfrankland

Under My Photos and Filter, make sure that Show Unused Photos is ticked off.

Alan

Posted by
lyngogmose
Jan 20, 2014 12:51pm PDT
lyngogmose

Hi Have had the same problem, have produced books with no problem in Win XP. but my mac & Bootcamp Win. 7. would not accept jpg files from Elements 11, I still had Elements 8 on my Mac a freebie with my Canon printer. Just opened the files in this and saved as same name and location

and they suddenly appeared and work normally, so far any way. In windows7 I saw a mention someone had opened the images in microsoft paint, I tried this doing the same as with the Mac side and they also work now, Crazy but it works.

Posted by
megreen
Apr 16, 2014 11:42pm PDT
megreen