BookSmart

FEATURE REQUEST: Combine two books

I searched the forum and it looks like people have been asking for this since 2007, and as far as I could see, it still doesn’t exist.

Please add a way to combine two book files into one.  In my case, I do an annual photo book, which I print in softcover.  I now want to combine 6 years of books (60-100 pages each) into a single volume which I would print in hard cover.  I certainly am not interested in recreating 500 or so pages of books, which is what the old posts suggested.

Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
alicorn2
Dec 1, 2013 1:39am PDT
alicorn2

I had assumed that you can copy a section from one book, open a different book with the same dimensions, select a page, and then paste, and the copied pages from the previous book would get pasted into the current book.

I just tried it. It doesn’t work. Perhaps it’s because the pages I copied from the first book uses images that are not in the second book’s library. Frankly, I am unwilling to experiment further because BookSmart is generally such a funky program I don’t want to mess with its worldview too much.

Posted by
jshook
Dec 1, 2013 12:23pm PDT
jshook

I had thought that Export Book and Import Book would be what I needed.  E.g. Export book #2, then go into book #1 and import #2 and it would append onto the end.  But, no.  What it does instead is closes the book you are viewing (#1) and then imports a new copy of #2 into a brand new book called #3.  So that’s not useful at all (for my purposes, anyway) — it’s just a way to duplicate a book.

Posted by
alicorn2
Dec 1, 2013 6:56pm PDT
alicorn2

And I’d like to ask for the same. I also need to merge two books with 80-100 pages and it’s not possible now.
Please add a way to combine two books into one or to copy pages from one book to another.
Many users really need that.

Posted by
loco_bird
Dec 2, 2013 10:46pm PDT
loco_bird