How to spot genuine SPAM?

Does anyone know?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jshook
Dec 26, 2013 4:21am PDT
jshook

Hi James!

Initial, (though probably jaded) thoughts……….

At the current stage of technology I’d say it needs humans to make a definitive judgement. It’s just a shame that after many many productive years with the original Blurb forums (I made my first post in 2007 and many 100s since then) that humans at Blurb no longer seem to be interested. I raised a ticket in September about the level of Spam in the forums and got a reply that (summerised) said sorry, but we are putting our effort into the new forums, it will take a while before we can revisit the old forums and sort this issue. Since the nothing, zilche, nada.

A professional approach from Blurb would be to either….

1) put back the level of support that the forums were given when Kathy Badertscher’s regime was in place before she moved on

2) shut them down and encouage use of the new foruns where appropriate advice can be given.

Put the effort in (which I’d judge is already happening and is much appreciated), to limit the SPAM postings in those new forums. .

But maybe the "new" regime doesn’t care? I really hope I am am wrong, I have learnt so much from other users of Burb over the last 5 years I’d hate t think that the next generation of Blurb users miss out on such  a rich source of advice.

Restructure (or add features to)  those forums to make it easier to understand which development tool the  questions are targetted at. None of this is new, I’d raised these issues with Padraic back in May.

…..Tony 

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 27, 2013 2:39pm PDT
tfrankland

Yes, you are/were the most reliable (and patient) source of information here.

Um… what new forums?

Posted by
jshook
Dec 28, 2013 9:55am PDT
jshook

https://support.blurb.com/home

…..Tony 

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 29, 2013 12:33am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks, I guess.

That area is what I call a lobster trap—once you navigate into it, there’s no way to get back to the rest of this site.

Posted by
jshook
Dec 29, 2013 10:24am PDT
jshook

> Put the effort in (which I’d judge is already happening and is much appreciated), to limit the SPAM postings in those new forums.

Perhaps Blurb could take a leaf from its partner jAlbum and appoint several trusted users as moderators to weed out the spammers?
This has been very successful for jAlbum.

Posted by
jimberry
Jan 8, 2014 8:35am PDT
jimberry