BookSmart

Locked Incorrect cropping and zooming in PDF preview

Upon uploading my photo book, I then did a preview in the PDF preview.  All of my images are improperly zoomed and cropped.  They appeard fine in the preview in booksmart.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Posted by
ste01a
Aug 7, 2007 7:01am PDT
ste01a

Anybody have any idea what to do here?

Posted by
ste01a
Aug 7, 2007 11:11am PDT
ste01a

I’m seeing this problem too. I wonder if it’s in the PDF generation or the reader? I’m using the latest reader.

Posted by
Claustral
Aug 9, 2007 7:35am PDT
Claustral

Blurb’s technical help told me that is a bug with the PDF low resolution reader.  According to Blurb, the book will print according to the preview display in Booksmart.

Posted by
ste01a
Aug 9, 2007 11:13am PDT
ste01a

YES!!!

I had the same problem, trusted the Technical support and the book arreived home beautifull!!

Posted by
roxana
Aug 18, 2007 2:43pm PDT
roxana

I am having this problem as well, so obviously it has not yet been fixed. I’ve got four books and only one of them shows this skewed PDF preview. Several of the images are showing improper placement. The book prints fine, but the preview is a real problem for me because I want to have the PDF preview enabled in the bookstore, and if the preview looks bad, it reflects badly on the book.

Any hope of getting this issue addressed?

Posted by
jczinn
Jan 12, 2008 10:33pm PDT
jczinn

I see that that this topic dates back from January 2008… The problems seem to be the same today. :-(
I just added my first book project, and it hurts to see previews show up uncropped. If you don’t get hardback bound book cover previews cropped, it looks sort of crappy (e.g. if you add cropping zone colours and elements). In the page flip mode, too, I’d love to have the see images properly cropped and without white frames around them. The way previews are actually shown, they don’t look as brilliant as they could.

Posted by
Herzglut
Oct 6, 2011 2:12am PDT
Herzglut