BookSmart

Can't upload book

I get a internet connection warning that I’m not connected, well I’m writing this and sending it. It’s quite a large book (150 pages, 651 MB), is that the problem?

I’m still waiting for a response from support but maybe I’ll give this a try. I’ve missed the deadline for Xmas anyway. They should make the interface a bit more flexible instead of trying to format everything to the options they give you. I was almost tempted to do the thing in Illustrator and placing the pages as jpegs.

My first books last month were OK, one of them actually printed backwards, they are telling me to take pictures of it and send it to them, it’s easier if they would just give me a address since you have to see it. Some pages were white and some with the soft stripe I choose, how can I take a picture of that!

I have seen a lot of problems in this forum. Should I be looking elsewhere for a digital publishing company?
Phil

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
fillic
Dec 17, 2007 9:46am PDT
fillic

Hi Phil, this is obviously a very very common issue and I for onje can tell you first hand that it owuld have to eb the single most frustrating issue I have experienced using the Software.  My book was 190 pages and I had the same error message that you have. 

I can only tell you what happened from my perspective – For me I think it is the Internet service provider that I used becuase I tried to upload using the seme service providor on different computers and it would not upload, then as soon as I tried it again, it all worked.  But what a lot of mucking around.  So I suggest that you install the software on another computer ie: Friends and then try again.

Until Blurb realises that difficulties with uploading is costing them money and that there has to eb an alternative for example: Export Function to a file and then FTP the file – How easy would that be !!!

I can’t tell you why this does not work all I can tell you is that it worked for me eventually on another computer with a totally different service provider.  I tried eveything like removing firewall, Av, everything I could think of.  

needless to say this is a realy Pain !!  I will nto eb able to use the product any further becuase I can not get it to upload and have to always use a friends computer :) So all I acn do is wait and hopefull they put a new version out that will address this situation ! -Best of luck ! 

Posted by
ckmetro
Dec 18, 2007 10:16pm PDT
ckmetro

I’m getting the same error message and can’t seem to fix it. Did you find a solution?  Arrrrgggghhhh.

Posted by
sem2110
Dec 19, 2007 2:09pm PDT
sem2110