BookSmart

Booksmart keeps shutting down on me

Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem. I’ll just be working along, and all of a sudden, the application closes telling me that there was an error.

Any advise?

Thank

F Clements 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
frankclem
Dec 23, 2007 4:40pm PDT
frankclem

if any of your images are cmyk and not rgb the program will shut down – check you ‘mode and if it is cmyk revert it to rgb and then the program should be fine. I also noticed that sometimes if i do something with the type it does it as well but then I just restart it.

Another thing – i drag my images into each space in the book from their location in a folder on the computer. I found that once i moved a file that i had uploaded and it caused and error – so now i just drag ever image repeatedly onto the page so that the connection to where it is located is current.

hope this helps
Olan

Posted by
Olanscooter
Dec 23, 2007 5:06pm PDT
Olanscooter

I am in great hopes I have not lost nearly 200 pages.  Keeps crashing and finally now wont open at all…as of an hour ago….slightly nervous regardign all the time I have spent on this project….

Posted by
twallen
Dec 23, 2007 7:50pm PDT
twallen

I am in great hopes I have not lost nearly 200 pages.  Keeps crashing and finally now wont open at all…as of an hour ago….slightly nervous regardign all the time I have spent on this project….

Posted by
twallen
Dec 23, 2007 7:50pm PDT
twallen

I have the same problem…BookSmart just won’t open and I can’t find the saved "book" file so I can back it up and open it on another computer.  Anybody…....

Posted by
geoffvail
Jan 2, 2008 6:38pm PDT
geoffvail

It is several days out and I still cant recover my 200 page book.  I have a question, what is CMYK in regards to the photos?  And if I uploaded 150 photos, wouldnt it have crashed sooner if the photos were CMYK?  Whatever that is.  I also read not to use several periods in a row which I may have done because I do that allot…....  like that.  Says it makes booksmart go goofy and crash.  Interesting.  And is an ellipses a paranthesis mark ( )??

Posted by
twallen
Jan 3, 2008 2:46pm PDT
twallen

I have been contacting Blurb for days with no response. 

Posted by
twallen
Jan 3, 2008 2:47pm PDT
twallen

To set the record straight, Jeremy Bates of blurb has helped me allot. DO NOT copy and paste from word because Blurb program peucked that…..crashes…..

Posted by
twallen
Feb 9, 2008 8:47pm PDT
twallen

I also experienced a zillion crashes and blurb has worked with me to overcome and understand the glitches.  Seems using anything from microsoft word could cause teh crashes.  Also, when using italics I crashed so I quit doing that too.  Then …..too many periods in a row messed with the blurb computer mind…...and watch your "  and  (  ) , dunno why it just is!  I have finally finished my book and when I click order , NADDA happens…  It just wont order.  If anyone knows about that glitch let me know..

Posted by
twallen
Feb 10, 2008 6:23am PDT
twallen

i have started my book. it has a name and i have designated a number of pages. But I have yet to successfully drag one image in w/o the program crashing. The image is not only RGB, it is sized the the exact pixel, 8 bit, jpg and all that. I just have a big empty sucky book.

Posted by
ukpopbrigade
Feb 12, 2008 1:04am PDT
ukpopbrigade

ukpopbrigade…

where exactly is the problem occuring? Is it in importing the photos into BookSmart or is it after doing that when dragging them into the template? Then which operating system are you running? Those answers may help identify people who have had a similar problems.

Plus I’d recommend raising a Technical Support request, they’re pretty good at getting back to you, probably hear from them when they start work in 8 or 9 hours time, they’re based in California I believe.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Feb 12, 2008 1:45am PDT
tfrankland

Hi there,

Just giving customer service a plug. We were able to restore twallen’s work, and should also be able to fix that image crash that ukpopbrigade mentioned.

Give tech support a shout by clicking here.

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 12, 2008 11:32am PDT
jbates

See, I said they were good :-)

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Feb 12, 2008 12:02pm PDT
tfrankland