BookSmart

Booksmart Suggestions

To the staff of Blurb

This is just a few things that may i suggest for making this fantastic concept a little easier.

1. We have a book preview – but what about a print preview – where we can print a few pages to make sure us noobies have it right !

2. The new Invite Contributors – my book is a collaberation of numerous photographers, is there a way that we could make into a PDF and email it to them for approval?

Just a few suggestions for maybe the next release of the prog

cheers

brendan

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
lavenlaar
Dec 26, 2007 5:15pm PDT
lavenlaar

You actually can print your whole book as a low-res preview proof copy now (and we highly suggest doing so!) Or are you referring to printing an actual book as a proof copy? We recommend that too for large orders.  

Do a search for PDF or CutePDF here in the forums and you should find more details for point 2. Macs will let you print to PDF and Windows requires something called CutePDF to do the same. It won’t be an editable file but you can pass it from one person to the next for review.

Regards

Michael

Posted by
mikewhy
Dec 26, 2007 10:06pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Hello,

I did install CutePDF as a printer but when I print using that printer, only the text is shown. No photos what so ever. I ve also tried the Adobe Online PDF Desktop printer (Free trial) without any success (same result). Am I missing something here?

Posted by
pasde
Jan 16, 2008 5:43pm PDT
pasde

Alright. I’ll response to my self;-) I have read the fact more carefully: 

"[...]Keep in mind that your PDF won’t include your book’s cover.[...]"

I was indeed printing my cover and only the cover (testing purpose). I didn’t think about printing some other page…

Now I ve tried with some other pages and it works like a charm (kinda slow however) 

Posted by
pasde
Jan 17, 2008 11:48am PDT
pasde