BookSmart

Any chance to get the "BOOK" file back from Blurb?

Unfortunately my Hard Drive crashed recently killing the only version of the BLURB Book file available. As I have already uploaded it to Blurb (and even ordered some hard-copies) I presume there is a chance to get the File back from Blurb for further editing?

Is that so?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
clops
Jan 2, 2008 4:15pm PDT
clops

Did you ever get a response?  My hard drive crashed recently also, and I contacted technical support but to date, no response other than the initial "I’ll forward this to correct person." 

Posted by
gpaquettelr
Jan 5, 2008 11:09am PDT
gpaquettelr

clops,

Have you tried this venue by contacting Blurb Tech Support team? If you haven’t done this, please submit through web contact form, here:

http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

And, gpaquetteir, once you submitted web contact form, and once your web submission form has been submitted in file with Blurb customer service team, they respond within one business day. I don’t know when you has submitted, but once you submitted, you will get response in one business day. If you submitted your web submission form on the weekend (Sat, for example), the Blurb team will review your submission on Monday. As for them to respond, all I know is that once they recieve the submission on business day during the week (Monday through Friday).

Along the way, once you submitted, you should be getting automated response with case number assigned to you. Use THAT case number for future reference. If you do not hear from them within two (2) business day, I suggest that you follow up with them and give them your case number in that respect.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jan 5, 2008 3:56pm PDT
brianbonitz

Thanks, Brian—I’ve actually submitted the form and was assigned an incident number very quickly.  Beyond that, however, no response.  I waited 5 days for a response that they either could or could not help, but hadn’t heard anything so I contacted them again last week.  So far—no response to that either.  It would be great to get a response one way or the other.  Maybe I am asking too much.  Perhaps they consider  "no response" the answer?

Posted by
gpaquettelr
Jan 6, 2008 10:30am PDT
gpaquettelr

gpaquetteir, perhaps they were on an extended Christmas (non-PC I know, but that is what it was) Holiday?

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jan 6, 2008 1:44pm PDT
tfrankland

gpaquetteir,

I don’t know for the answer as to why they didn’t respond.

I would suggest that you re-submit other contact form, including the incident number, and tell them that you have done this twice and still no response.

If you have copies of all of your web form submissions, I suggest that you write a letter and send it to Blurb Inc corporate headquarter office through snail-mail and let the executives know that you have not received any response in timely fashion.

My experience tells me that the customer reps usually respond within one or up to two or sometime three business days.

Again, I would think being persistence, follow-through pays off. Finally, I am sorry that you still got no response in your case. I wish I could help you, but I am non-employee of Blurb, only Blurb participant/customer.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jan 6, 2008 4:43pm PDT
brianbonitz

Hello All!

I have received the file from Blurb Support!
Wonderful service,

Thank you!

Posted by
clops
Jan 8, 2008 2:32am PDT
clops

Hello Clops;

That’s excellent news… but I’m intrigued…

Is the file the "original" ".book" file?

My understanding was that the ".book" file undergoes a mass of processing on upload, to an extent that it is no longer the "original" file on the Blurb server, but a heavily changed file…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 8, 2008 3:08am PDT
lkb-28