BookSmart

Upgrade to BookSmart 1.9.2??

Hi there,

I have recently received my first Photobook from Blurb.  Its quality is great!  So, I’m planning to make another one for my recent trip.  The previous one was created by BookSmart 1.9.1.  I wonder if I shall upgrade the software to 1.9.2 before making the new book.

I would also like to know if I can amend my previous book with the upgraded version.  What’s the major difference between 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 version?  Kindly enlighten me.  Thanks!

Carmen

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Gimme5
Jan 3, 2008 5:34am PDT
Gimme5

HI, If your version of 1.9.1 is working stay with it. The new features in 1.9.2 are nice (a few more layout options in the picture books – not worth the slow down) BUT, the new version is so slow that you have to wait 30 seconds to make changes after about 30 pages. I made a 150 page book in 1.9.1 without any problems. I  upgraded thinking it would be better and it is not, it is worse and now I can not go back.  I made a book of 40 pages in 1.9.2 and it is so slow I gave up. I contacted Blurb and  after several attempt, they say it is may be a NDIVIA video card issue and I should get a new computer. What ever the issue is, stay with 1.9.1 if it is working for you. You will be better off.  I wish I had stayed with 1.9.1

Michelle

Posted by
hydrochick
Jan 3, 2008 4:48pm PDT
hydrochick

Thanks a lot, Michelle.  I will stay with 1.9.1 then.

Posted by
Gimme5
Jan 3, 2008 6:48pm PDT
Gimme5

Just a note to any that might be considering upgrading – If you continue to work on a book created in a prior version of BookSmart, it will work, but you won’t have any of the new templates available for that book.

Posted by
MtnViewMark
Jan 4, 2008 7:59am PDT
MtnViewMark