BookSmart

Someone please help us

There’s an argument brewing among us (more like a bet on who’s right) and were hoping you can assist us.

Relating to Blurb Archiving…
We are working on our 1st book in BookSmart and were feeling a little rushed.  Can someone please "dumb-down" the archive policy to us?

I am under the impression that I can work on my book in BookSmart as long as I need to, until I upload it Blurb…and then I only have 2 weeks once it’s uploaded.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
livingwil
Jan 11, 2008 7:26pm PDT
livingwil

You are right that you may work on your book for as long as you need to. Once you upload the book and purchase a copy, it stays in the Blurb bookstore for a year. I do not know how long it would remain if you never purchase the initial copy.

So take your time and get the book the way you like it.                    -Diane

Posted by
drupnow
Jan 11, 2008 8:52pm PDT
drupnow

(sort of repeating what Diane said)

since you work on your book on your own computer, you can take as long as you like.

once you are finished, you upload it to Blurb, and then you have 14 days to order a copy.

once one copy has been ordered, it will stay up on Blurb for a year since the last order (right now they don’t delete them, but they may need to in the future for space reasons and that’s why they say one year)

Amelia

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Jan 12, 2008 6:57am PDT
CasaDeWoof

Adding to the information: The book you created on your computer does not ‘time out’ in 14 days either.  The on-computer archive never ‘times out’ so if you want to make changes, recall the file, make your changes and upload to Blurb as a NEW name, as if it were a brand new book.  Viola!

Posted by
200mph
Jan 12, 2008 7:17am PDT
200mph