BookSmart

Locked Spell check

Is there any chance of making the spell check ENGLISH, rather than American? Or being able to add a word to the dictionary so you don’t have to ignore it?

Just a suggestion for future builds….

Emma

Posted by
ejtumman
Feb 5, 2008 3:22pm PDT
ejtumman

Hi Emma,

Great suggestion, thank you. I will make sure it’s passed along to our developers. I know we’re trying to improve the spellchecker, and supporting the Queen’s English, and allowing folks to add words, are great ideas, indeed.

Best regards and thank you for sending your thoughts our way,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 7, 2008 12:06pm PDT
jbates

I’d love to see the ability to add words that I want to ignore to a dictionary. The dictionary should be editable (ideally a Text or XML file) so I can remove words that I no longer want to mark as correct.

I’d like to be able to correct a typo without having to close the spell check dialog. Alternately please let me check spelling for the entire book starting at the current cursor location.

It’s a pain when I need to fix a typo and then have to restart spelling, selecting Ignore for all the words I’ve already done this for.

Posted by
bernfarr
Jun 22, 2008 4:33pm PDT
bernfarr

I agree that adding an option for spell-checking ‘English’ English , and also the function of adding words would be extremely convenient.

Posted by
andypaciorek
Mar 9, 2011 2:28pm PDT
andypaciorek