BookSmart

Fixing a TYPO in a published book

I have spent two hours searching your forum pages looking for the answer to my question. No luck! I did find an answer in the FAQ’s pages, but it’s a bit confusing and not complete. “Can I make changes to my book once I’ve uploaded it to Blurb?” Please answer this question/problem for me: I uploaded a book and ordered a copy and set up my pages to sell the book. Now I see one tiny word typo that needs to be corrected. It’s a small thing that I’m sure will be overlooked, but I want to correct it. The book it 95% Photography not words. Can I remove my current book (Switzerland A Photographic Journey) and replace it with the corrected page…all this without having to repurchase a new edition/version of the same book I just purchased two days ago? Please provide details on how I should proceed.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
rhoadester
Feb 7, 2008 3:38am PDT
rhoadester

I believe that in your situation with typo error in published book and that you placed a book order, it is more of a done deal.

However, you really need to submit a contact form with Blurb customer service.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Feb 8, 2008 3:19pm PDT
brianbonitz

I just did the same also… on one word and it is for my wedding guest book as i wrote guess…lol they sent me an email saying that they will reinburst me my money t my cc and cancel my order… wich was nice for them to do but i dint want them to cancel it i wanted to just fix the typo as i sent them an email to do so…. but n ow i cant go back to correct it i have to redo the book ..not impressed… i tried looking everywhere to try and fix it as it is MY book … anyone know how to do it?…thanks

Posted by
kwchic
Apr 19, 2012 11:22am PDT
kwchic

Surely you can see that blurb staff can’t spend their time fixing people’s book projects for them? “The photo on page 27 is too dark. Please fix.” etc. YOU are the author. it’s YOUR responsibility to get it right. Blurb just prints it. They are not an editorial staff. Before you upload the book for printing, did you not see the reminder about checking the text, etc.?

Posted by
jshook
Apr 20, 2012 7:03am PDT
jshook

I too had the same issue, one letter missing in one word. Here is the answer that I got from one of the blurberati…. You can not change an exisitng book. Fix your issues and upload the new version. Then you have 15 days to "purchase" a book which will put it into the Blurb system. My book is a 240 page 13 × 11 photo book and was expensive. I did not want to order another of those but I was told all I have to do is order the book as an "ebook" and that will do the trick. Once the new book is uploaded you can delete the old copy from the blurb system. I still haven’t tried this but it seems like a workable solution and for only $1.99

Posted by
wparks
Apr 25, 2012 6:30am PDT
wparks