BookSmart

Location of footer container not consistent

So, i’ve just finished my first book and am doing a final check. I have page numbers in the footer on most pages, except where there is a full bleed.  Almost all pages are picture templates.

I have noticed that the location of the footer container is not consistent across all picture templates, so the page numbers actually move around as you scroll through. The problem seems to be particularly with the picture template that has the landscape orientation with the image bleeding to the centre of the book. There may be others with different locations as well, I haven’t done a full check.

Has anyone else noticed this? Blurb – surely this isn’t intentional? 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
hellototo
Feb 14, 2008 7:49pm PDT
hellototo

Howdy,

Thanks for the feedback. Any chance you, or another helpful Blurbarian, would post a screen shot or 2 to illustrate the problem? Than I could better tell you whether the issue had been logged for fixing yet.

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 15, 2008 12:39pm PDT
jbates

I’ve got a screenshot that shows how the header and footer containers are at different heights on different templates – how do i post it here?

cheers 

Posted by
hellototo
Feb 15, 2008 3:58pm PDT
hellototo

Hi there,

Sorry I didn’t explain that right away. The best way would be to uplod the pictures using Flickr or Picasa Web, for instance, and simply link those pictures to your reply.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 15, 2008 4:31pm PDT
jbates

Sorry, i should have thought of that. Here it is; and here as well.

Posted by
hellototo
Feb 15, 2008 10:25pm PDT
hellototo

Hello,

I was having the same problem…I use blank pages and collage pages and I don’t have any footer available..Not sure what I was doing wrong? I just need numbers for my pages…Not cool to have just a few page numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Tammie

Posted by
Expressfp
Feb 17, 2008 5:35pm PDT
Expressfp

Thanks, Hellototo!

Those screenshots should be enough for me to request a fix.

Tammie, thank you for registering your request for footers, or ar least page numbers, on full bleed layouts. Blurb’s "deciders" are active forum readers, and will see your idea!

Best regards and thanks to both of you,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 19, 2008 11:12am PDT
jbates

Jeremy

Thanks for your prompt responses and help, i hope the developers can sort it out.

thanks

Toby 

Posted by
hellototo
Feb 19, 2008 2:33pm PDT
hellototo

Howdy,

I’ve learned that one of our designers just finished fixing the problem. Once we release the next version of BookSmart in the coming months, these templates will have headers and footers that match the headers and footers on the rest of the pages in the 13×11 books. Thanks for helping to bring it to our attention—that’s how we’re able to improve BookSmart!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 19, 2008 4:33pm PDT
jbates

Thank you soo much!

Tammie

Posted by
Expressfp
Feb 26, 2008 11:27am PDT
Expressfp

Hi Jeremy,

It has been a while since you’ve mentioned this issue as solved. However I’ve just finished a 13*11 book with the latest software version and have removed the headers and footers, because of this reason. Apparently there has not been a full review of the designs for this size book. I’ve posted my comments in http://forums.blurb.com/forums/4/topics/3901.

I hope you’ll fix this issue permanently.

Regards,
Bas

Posted by
BassmanNL
Oct 7, 2008 3:10am PDT
BassmanNL

Hi Bas,

Hmmmm, I’ll take a look and re-open the issue with the developers. Hopefully this is something they can correct once and for all in an upcoming edition of BookSmart.

Sorry about that; I hope you can work around the matter by using templates with matching footers/headers.

Posted by
jbates
Oct 7, 2008 5:52pm PDT
jbates

Hi Jeremy,

Still no fix?  I just downloaded BookSmart for the 1st time and the problem still persists for 13×11.

Posted by
wpiotraschke
Dec 15, 2008 11:06am PDT
wpiotraschke

Hi Jeremy,

It’s now March 2009 and I’m also facing this problem. I’ve downloaded the latest Mac version (1.9.9.27697)  and many of the headers in the large format are still misaligned. Most of the left pages are not aligned with the right pages either.

Posted by
ttimothy
Mar 19, 2009 3:36am PDT
ttimothy

Hey folks,

Yep, this issue has taken a bit, as the developers are re-examining how they look at headers/footers (sometimes referred to as "folio")... I’m hopeful this problem will soon be ironed out completely. I’ll send a reminder about the current, persistent mis-alignment of some headers/footers so that a quick fix, ahead of any long term changes to folio, can be considered and hopefully implemented.

Thank you for hanging in there,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Mar 19, 2009 8:42am PDT
jbates