BookSmart

Re Arranging Pages In my book

I know that there is already a trouble shooting answer for this, but when I tried to drag a thumb nail and pull the page to a different location it wouldn’t work? I am about to give up with Blurb, also I keep losing work that I have saved? I am finding blurb hard to navigate round! Can you help?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
EmmaPaterson
Feb 21, 2008 9:44am PDT
EmmaPaterson

Howdy,

Don’t quit now—you’ve got a masterpiece to finish!

Just be sure, before you try to "drop" the page you’re dragging, that a green circle with a plus sign appears. That tells you that the cursor is in the proper position to drop the page into place.

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Feb 21, 2008 11:14am PDT
jbates

Hey, I have the same problem!!  I have lost all of the fonts and colors of the fonts that I chose for my artwork last night.  (It has gone back to the default "Georgia #9)

How can I lock-in my fonts (I thought it would save my work!  Also, how can I easily move the order of my pages??? It is frustrating.

Posted by
joancarver
Feb 21, 2008 11:44am PDT
joancarver

Also having same issues… to add to it, is anyone else having justification problems? My footers are confused – on some pages they are in by the binding and on others to the outside. With a book that will end up being 120+ pages, this is very frustrating – updating to 1.9.2.xxxx hasn’t helped. I certainly don’t want to start over.

Posted by
allansturm
Feb 21, 2008 12:24pm PDT
allansturm

Having a closer look (at something I would’ve thought was a given)... it appears that the Booksmart program designers decided to FORCE use to use various layouts depending on left or right of binding. I have the need for a string of pages that have 6up with text captions… but apparently this page layout style is only available left of binding… This does not appear to happen with a page template that has a single photo with white space, caption, head and footer… no wonder the pages were thinking it should be aligning the text to the binding because it thinks it’s a left edge page, but it’s actually right of the binding…. Any hacks that anyone knows would be most appreciated. Even if I have to get in and hack the XML files.

Posted by
allansturm
Feb 21, 2008 1:02pm PDT
allansturm