BookSmart

BookSmart doesn't connect to blurb.com!

I can not login, there is a message “password/username is incorrect” but it is correct when I login to website from browser.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
maxlosk
Mar 18, 2008 6:47pm PDT
maxlosk

I am having the same problem.  It is 10:35 Pm Tuesday

Posted by
schlag
Mar 18, 2008 8:35pm PDT
schlag

Same problem here.  Even opened an alternate account and got the same results.  Also got error messages when trying to upload image to profile, blurb system error says, "Server Error -Data Disk Full".  9:30pm Pacific Time.  HELP

Posted by
popfractals
Mar 18, 2008 9:32pm PDT
popfractals

I am running into the exact same thing as maxlosk.  I logged in and uploaded a book on Friday and had no problems.  Now I am trying to get in to send another and i am getting nowhere- 1 am est.

Posted by
DENNIS1
Mar 18, 2008 10:02pm PDT
DENNIS1

me too error report

Posted by
ametry
Mar 18, 2008 10:45pm PDT
ametry

10:45 PST, and I’m glad I finally checked here after 3 hours of trying to upload- I’ve tried all the suggested fixes, including changing the title of the book (!) to get it to upload, and no luck. I guess I’ll put this book to bed ‘til tomorrow, when the blub folks have their server up and running.

Posted by
nanbarnes
Mar 18, 2008 10:49pm PDT
nanbarnes

its 11:45pm pst and no worky. from the looks, a lot of ppl is having the same problem, hmm i hope they get this problem fixed as i need to get this book published soon.

Posted by
lowtec_zx3
Mar 18, 2008 11:47pm PDT
lowtec_zx3

I’m having the same problem. It will let me sign in with my user name and password on the web site but won’t let me download a book from Booksmart. It’s 12:45 PM Eastern Daylight time. I hope this situation resolves soon. I just downloaded a book earlier yesterday with absolutely no problem.

Posted by
agility60
Mar 19, 2008 9:46am PDT
agility60

Thank goodness its not just me. I hope they fix it soon. This is a birthday present for someone. I spent 10+ hours last night on this in hopes of ordering today.

Posted by
tvrnone
Mar 19, 2008 9:50am PDT
tvrnone

Hi all,

We are working diligently to fix this. Please stay tuned for an update. 

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and look forward to solving the problem promptly!

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Mar 19, 2008 9:56am PDT
jbates

Me too! Help!

Posted by
m_birnbaum
Mar 19, 2008 10:20am PDT
m_birnbaum

Me too, I have been trying to upload and connect to no avail, it just goes backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards, you try with the firewall down which is hair-raising as you don’t know how long the book takes to load anyway! Please sort.

Is there no way of being signed in directly to blurb and uploading from the site? Seems the simplest option!!!!

Awaiting hopefully.

Susan

Posted by
scoobysue
Mar 25, 2008 8:44am PDT
scoobysue

Hi all,

Please note that with the exception of a half-day last week, uploading in general is working fine for the vast majority of Blurbarians.

A small percentage of authors, due to thie internet service provider and/or network setup, will have difficulty uploading. If you are one of these folks, please submit a tech support incident by filling out the form at
http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

and customer service will help you get your book uploaded.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Mar 25, 2008 10:04am PDT
jbates

Hi, I can’t upload my book and the suggestions Blurb gave me don’t work.  Does anyone hax a fix they can share, or did it just start working again for you?  I have disabled my Windows Firewall and my Norton 360 Antivirus (not a real fix, nor something I’m comfortable with) but that didn’t help.  I also tried another computer (again – not really a solution) and that didn’t work either.  Anything work for any of you?  Thanks.

Posted by
haggis99
Mar 27, 2008 5:20am PDT
haggis99