but rigth now can’t opent it always close when i try to open it

help please 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
yannickvm
Mar 20, 2008 10:56am PDT
yannickvm

Howdy,

Sorry to hear that. So that we can best help you, please submit a tech support incident by filling out the form at

http://www.blurb.com/help/technical_support

***Also, please be sure to tell tech support when, precisely, the program closes (what the last thing you see is before BookSmart fails).

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Mar 20, 2008 11:41am PDT
jbates

I hope you get better OS X support from Blurb than I did because their "solution"  was useless in my case (it was a Windows solution in which an exe file was sent to me…completely useless for any Mac).

In my case the BookSmart application, which worked fine last December the last time I used it, suddenly refused to launch recently. I’m running a dual processor G4 with OS X Tiger so I was pretty sure it wasn’t any of the application launching issues Intel Mac users have been having related to prebinding and such. Turned out it was a Java issue and updating Java over three incremental steps ending with Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 5 from Apple brought it up to Java version 1.4.2_12 which fixed the problem. You can download it from apple.com. Of course, you must be running at least the 10.4.5 version of Tiger for BookSmart to work at all. Hope this helps.

Posted by
trainjunkie
Mar 20, 2008 8:53pm PDT
trainjunkie