BookSmart

Cyan cast in highlight areas

I recently published a book of very high key photographs in which the highlight areas have a pronounced cyan cast.  At first, I thought this might vary under different types of light sources, but no matter under what light I view it, the cyan cast is pronounced and is distracting to me and others to whom i’ve showed the book.  I processed the images in Photoshop precisely as I had done with the images in my last book which look just fine.  Has something changed?  What can I do to eliminate the cyan tint?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
hypoman
Mar 31, 2008 4:36am PDT
hypoman

Howdy hypoman,

Sorry to hear about. There is a wealth of information here on the forums about softproofing your images in Photoshop using the generic color profile of the printer we use to make 8×10 and 13×11 books. If your monitor is calibrated, using the profile can help reduce the potential of color casting. 

Here is a link to one such post (click here). But you can search the forums for "color profile" and such to find more helpful posts on the subject. We can’t currentyl guarantee precise color management, but we will soon have a professional package that will include a custom color profile for a dedicated printer… So please stay tuned for updates!

I hope this helps you rget a closer-to-perfect book in your hands soon. 

Best regards,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Mar 31, 2008 10:13am PDT
jbates