BookSmart

Can ANYONE send a copy of OLDER VERSION -- 1.9.2 or ?

I used the prior version for the first book.  It had its "issues" and was not as easy as it was made to sound but the book came out okay.

Got the email to "update" to the new version—promises that some things were now fixed.  Hoped this would help, so updated as suggested.

Entered new book data on new version.  NEW PROBLEMS:

1) top of each page automatically INDENTS as if a new paragraph, even when copying/pasting from Word and text should just flow.

2) trying to find a way around—BookSmart freezes up and computer memory gets higher and higher while nothing much is happening.  Have not timed how long or IF it stops but usually have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get it stop.

Read Forums to find "fixes"—apparently there aren’t any and I want old version of program back.  Another post under TECH Forum says the ONLY way to get the older version is FROM ANOTHER USER as they cannot help.

These books are for my boss here at work and I have a deadline. 

Does anyone have a copy of a prior version that I can use?  Please email me at:

margaret@airware-inc.com ASAP.  In the meantime I will be looking for some other web site who can do what we need in order to meet the deadlines.

Margaret

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
gamelotinc
Apr 15, 2008 10:45am PDT
gamelotinc

Welcome to the club !!!!!!!

Posted by
bitrated
Apr 15, 2008 10:59am PDT
bitrated

i have version 1.9.2 on my pc ;-)

Posted by
cashcb
Apr 16, 2008 3:37am PDT
cashcb

Hi gamelotinc and the gang,

Sorry to hear about these issues. Annoying, I know, especially when you’re trying to create. These issues  need to be approached in a couple different ways—first of course by us improving the software. The second approach is for us to help our Blurbarians navigate some sticky usability issues while we work to iron them out long term.

Regarding any slowness upon opening your book for the first time after upgrading: After upgrading, your images are "cached" anew upon opening the book for the first time in the new software. That means the program is busy building the various versions of the images that it uses to display your book. Image caches are generated only when the page that image is on is visited. So, scrolling through your book for the first time after upgrading can indeed take a while. However, those image caches are saved, so opening the same book tomorrow in the new software should be significantly faster, and your project should run normally after this initial delay.

Regarding the indentation issue, I slapped together a quick video showing why indentation can be a bit confusing. I think it’s simply a usability problem (an annoying one that needs fixing for sure), and not a matter of the indentation refusing to go away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwMeAmftSZk

We take your concerns seriously and will send them to our engineers and developers so that a future edition of the software can work for you more smoothly.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 16, 2008 12:05pm PDT
jbates