BookSmart

Can't create book cover

When I began my book I was not able to load a photograph onto the book jacket. I went ahead and entered photos into the rest of the book. Now that I’m through with that, I’ve gone back and tried once again to load a photo onto the jacket and once again, I am unable to do so. Every time I try, it adds an additional copyright page and adds the photo into the window on that page. I’ve tried using different size windows on the jacket but with the same result.

This particularly concerns me since I had completed a previous book (without any problems with entering a photo on the jacket) but when I tried to type the title in the spine, the program froze and I ended up losing the entire book.

Although it’s a different problem, I again am having problems with the book jacket.

Any Ideas? 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sdennis112
Apr 18, 2008 7:15pm PDT
sdennis112

Hi sdennis112,

I am sorry to hear that. That’s the second time I’ve heard a mention of this type of glitch, and I’d like for us to get to the bottom of this.

Please write into Customer Service and include a link to this thread.

Best regards and thank you for hanging in there,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 18, 2008 7:39pm PDT
jbates

I’m having the same problem. I created my book with the previous version of booksmart and everything was fine but now that I’ve downloaded 1.9.4 I can’t put photos on the cover. Do you know where the photo ends up? In the little picture box above the blurb logo on third page. I drag a photo to the cover, it says loading…. and then does nothing. But if I go to page three, there is my photo in the tiny photobox meant for a personal logo. It’s driving me crazy!!!!

Posted by
kmyrans
Apr 20, 2008 3:57pm PDT
kmyrans

That’s exactly the same problem I’m having with the same result. I’m trying to upload a zip file of my book to customer support as you can see by the thread above but so far have been having problems trying to do that too. I see all of these beautiful  books on the blurb web site but this is the second time I’ve had major problems with booksmart software. Over the course of trying to create two books (actually one book that I’m re-creating since the first one was "lost"), I’ve invested a total of nearly 60-70 hours and so far, no book. I’m told my problem (and yours) has been reported by others so assuming I can get my file sent in and repaired, lets hope the solution gets advertised.

Posted by
sdennis112
Apr 21, 2008 5:34pm PDT
sdennis112

Yikes!  I’m having trouble from the beginning…and reading all these posts about problems and lost books, I’m hesitant to even go for it.  And it sounded, and looked like, like such a great idea.  :(

Posted by
amma_maw
Apr 25, 2008 1:33pm PDT
amma_maw

amma_maw,

Please don’t let problems that others have deter you from continuing with your book. Since we’ve released the latest version of BookSmart, thousands of people have uploaded and ordered books without problems. Your specific issue could very well be taken care of with an email into our customer support. And to keep things in perspective, less than one percent of Blurb customers participate in the forums, so you’re definitely getting a small slice of what the majority is experiencing.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Apr 25, 2008 4:21pm PDT
kathybad

I’m trying to do the same thing, I drag the picture over and it says it’s loading but no picture. I’ve finished the book but this cover thing is a problem

Buddy

Posted by
Buddy1
May 5, 2008 11:29am PDT
Buddy1

Wait till you spend $200 getting an ISBN and a barcode and can’t import it onto the cover and between blurb tech support and the bowker bar code tech support—-you can’t get an intelligent solution.  ISBN is sent as an EPS that is NOT to be changed nor even OPENED in Photoshop…and Booksmart doesn’t support EPS format.  It’s so dumb that between these two publishing companies NO ONE can answer this simple question????

Any help is would be greatly appreciated.  It’s holding up my pulication and my launch and I’m so disappointed that I’ve wasted a month laying the book out on this software and it doesn’t support this very necessary element. 

Posted by
DecadeofDish
May 6, 2008 6:07am PDT
DecadeofDish

Try here….. Click here for EPS converter, then import the JPEG into BookSmart.

I haven’t tried it but if you are really desparate give it a go.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 6, 2008 6:40am PDT
tfrankland