BookSmart

Book Upload Interrupted

In Hoonah, Alaska our internet service is via satellite and is often interrupted for several minutes at a time.  I have been trying to send our school yearbook ( about 70 MB) for two days, but the short service interruptions stop the transmission and cause a timeout.  The error message is ‘Book upload interrupted.  Sorry, upload was interrupted.  Please check your internet connection, and try that upload again.’  Selecting the Try Again icon does not work , so I start the transmission again.

Is there any way to resume transmission after this kind of timeout. 

Thanks! 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
terrymiller
Apr 25, 2008 5:14pm PDT
terrymiller

Howdy terrymiller,

For these types of technical questions, please contact customer support (by clicking here and filling out the form). They’ll work with you to get your book uploaded.

Stay warm up there! 

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 25, 2008 5:38pm PDT
jbates

I have had the same issues too.

As most people are shifting to laptops with wireless connections, which undoubtedly still disconnect randomly due to various issues, it would be good to have resume functionality.

Is it possible to request this feature going forward.

Thanks. 

Posted by
samarthpal
Apr 29, 2008 10:02pm PDT
samarthpal

Hi Guys;

I have asked for an FTP style "resume" function in the past, so add my name – again – to the request…

I just uploaded a 700MB book overnight and was dreading waking up to find the "interrupted" message, and having to start over… Fortunately (for me) all went well…

Standard FTP rules please!

Thanks Blurb;

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Apr 30, 2008 1:44am PDT
lkb-28