BookSmart

Verify email address

I have uploaded and ordered my book and now I want to sent it to a friend via "announce"—at the top of the screen it says my email has not be verified.  When I go to the page and click on  "verifiy now?" all I get is an hour glass and nothing happens.  What’s going on?  -Donna

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
donnalernbro
Apr 29, 2008 8:33am PDT
donnalernbro

i have the same problem when  i try to verfiy my email address it tells me this link is not valid

Posted by
gdhillon
Apr 29, 2008 8:39am PDT
gdhillon

Howdy,

Hmmmm… I am sorry to hear you’re getting error messages. Both of your accounts are confirmed here in our system. 

Anyone else out there getting error messages?  

—Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Apr 29, 2008 10:23am PDT
jbates

Hello,

Yes, I am having the same issue.  Please respond, I have a bride waiting to view her book.

Thank you,

Monica

Posted by
monicalugo1
May 31, 2008 6:22pm PDT
monicalugo1

Hi Monica,

I think it should be working correctly now. Please check once more, and if it’s still not working, please contact Customer Support by clicking here and filling out the form.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jun 2, 2008 10:01am PDT
jbates

Having the same problem and when I try to upload photos, the program just crashes.

Posted by
comedyshow
Jun 21, 2008 1:02pm PDT
comedyshow

I am also having the same issue – I have sent an email to Customer Support.  But it is apparent that this is an ongoing and reoccurring issue, so frustrating…

Thanks,

Kirsten

Posted by
KirstenEF
Jul 1, 2008 8:51am PDT
KirstenEF

Hi Kirsten,

Sorry for the frustration. This kind of issue happens with a small percentage of email accounts. I don’t precisely what the problem is—but it’s some kind of compatibility issue with the email provider and our system. It’s a pretty easy fix, however, once you write Customer Support. They can manually verify accounts.

So no worries—customer support should get this straightened out for you ASAP.

Cheers,
Jeremy 

Posted by
jbates
Jul 1, 2008 9:48am PDT
jbates

I just gave this a try. Since people are mentioning various problems here, I want to be clear what I am addressing.

When you go to announce a book, you are asked to first verify your email address, so you click over to your account page and then click ‘verify email address’. Nothing seems to happen.

What actually happens is an email gets sent to you, check your inbox, and if you don’t see it after a few minutes, check your spam box.

I agree that this is confusing. We do actually display a little blue notice explaining ‘an email has been sent’ but it’s easy to miss. We are going to be improving the my account section of the site in the near future and I will make sure this gets addressed.

Posted by
trafnar
Jul 2, 2008 4:49pm PDT
trafnar

Also, if it says the link is not valid, that most likely means it has already been used. Check to see if your address has already been verified (maybe you clicked it twice?). If it hasn’t, just try verifying again from the start. If you still have trouble, contact customer support.

Posted by
trafnar
Jul 2, 2008 4:50pm PDT
trafnar

I have two email addresses and I can only get your system to acknowledge one. This is SO FRUSTRATING!!! I cannot speak to anyone; I can get no help. I have customers waiting for orders and your very personal email system keeps auto-replying that they don’t recognize my email. This is insane. Do any PEOPLE actually work there or just a bunch of computers?

Posted by
julieshipman
Jul 3, 2008 12:38pm PDT
julieshipman

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your patience—sorry for any bumps in the road as you get synched with Customer Support. You’ve got to respond to a support message from the same email address you originally created the incident with in order for it to work correctly. 

Customer Support should respond pretty promptly, and they are mostly humanoids.

Thank you for hanging in there—help will be on the way.

Best regards,
Jeremy 

Posted by
jbates
Jul 3, 2008 2:06pm PDT
jbates

I received the email with a link to confirm email address. The link leads to a page with an error message, and the email is not confirmed because no, I am unable to invite people. Seems to be a very important unresolved error, because I am seeing mail from June with the same complaint.

Posted by
jimbimedia
Oct 25, 2008 8:36pm PDT
jimbimedia

My email issue is that when I try to use the "Announce"  feature, Blurb isnt sending the announcements- Out of the 10 I sent yesterday, 2 people recieved the announcement, and yes, I did double check to make sure the addresses were correct-and yes, I did write to Blurb support, and all they said basically was, check to make sure the email addresses were correct…cant sell books this way…

Posted by
kat717
Jul 1, 2009 4:11pm PDT
kat717

Also make sure that the announcement didn’t end up in your recipients junk mail folders, I had that happen. Certainly Microsoft Outlook seemed to think that e-mails from Blurb were junk for a few of those people.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 2, 2009 12:12am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks Tony- yes, we made sure it wasn’t ending up in the Spam or Trash folders- I even sent the announcement to myself- I didn’t get it either.  I have been in contact with the support staff several times on this issue though, so hopefully they will be able to figure out what is going wrong.

Posted by
kat717
Jul 2, 2009 9:33am PDT
kat717