BookSmart

Spine issues...

Hi.  I can’t seem to upload an image into the spine area of my book.  I have established complete design and layout control in the book, perticularly with the front and back cover and having a spine with some solid color and type written text just wont work at all.  I have actually built a spine, but just can’t seem to be able to drop it into the spine column.  Maybe I’m missing something, and there is a way.  That would be great!  Otherwize you should make it an option to build the entire cover…like lulu.  

Thanks! 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dela5am
May 3, 2008 12:23pm PDT
dela5am

I believe it is not possible in BookSmart to drop in your image file into spine section. All I know is it is only for text-based available in spine section.

I would think it is a possible some kind of technical challenging on side of printing dust cover. When it comes to variety size and book depth of spine varies from book “A”, to book “B”, to book “C”.

Although, I agree with you, it is a nice stuff in spine section to be included with image.

Perhaps that you want to submit an enhancement request for consideration to include this cool feature to drop in image onto spine section for future version of BookSmart. Here, http://www.blurb.com/help/feedback

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
May 3, 2008 2:37pm PDT
brianbonitz

Yes I would like it if this were an option too but currently I think it has to stay text based with your book name and author name ect. Or whatever you want printed there of course.

Posted by
melissa15678
May 4, 2008 1:17pm PDT
melissa15678