BookSmart

Square book layout - 'split horizontally, full bleed' is there, but no 'split vertically, full bleed' option?

Pretty much as per thread title! In the small square book there doesn’t seem to be an option to have two photos cover the whole page, split vertically in two. The option to do this but split horizontally is there, but that’s not what I need! Both options are present in the next size book up, however.

Any ideas why?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
owen-b
May 5, 2008 4:13pm PDT
owen-b

If you have Photoshop, set up a page as you want it to be, save as a jpeg at 300 dpi and import that. Works for me.

Posted by
May 6, 2008 7:55am PDT

Thank you – that’s a solution that’s possible but not very practical when I’d like all 100+ pages to be in this format. It shouldn’t be this way and I’m very curious to know why they removed/forgot to add the design to the template.

Posted by
owen-b
May 7, 2008 2:53am PDT
owen-b

Hello owen-b;

I agree – it is grossly annoying to find some lay-outs available in some book sizes and not in others…

Some are down to "presentation" issues where the sizing would not work on differing layouts, but a simple 2/3 image full-bleed horizontal and vertical layout should be available across the board for ALL book sizes…

I had the reverse problem… I wanted 2 horizontal images in a full-bleed 13×11 but it doesn’t exists as a standard… so I did mine in PhotoShop.

But then it was only one page – not 100+ !

Good luck;

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
May 7, 2008 3:49am PDT
lkb-28