BookSmart

Line spacing - anyone help?

As the title surjests, a soft return when typing in text seems to make a huge line space? I have paested-in copy to get a good line space, yet if I want to use  a soft return to move a line down, I get the wrong line space.

Anyone know if there is a special command for a normal line space?

This is happening on all pages for me.
Am thinking I will have to make pictures of the whole page area and include the text that way. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
S_Nicholas
May 13, 2008 10:29am PDT
S_Nicholas

Howdy S_Nicholas,

BookSmart has a line-spacing feature. You can choose single-, 1.5- or double-spacing. Just click on a text box and look for the line-spacing button to the right of the justification options. 

Hope that helps!
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
May 13, 2008 3:35pm PDT
jbates

I’d never spotted that Jeremy! Thankyou!

.........TOny

Posted by
tfrankland
May 14, 2008 1:22am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks for the reply. I had noticed the feature, yet thought it was so large.

When you copy-in from "Word", you can get a better space – yet it goes back to the programs spacing ounce you edit or move a row down with a soft return.

So… why will it not keep the standard spaceing?

anyone know ;)

Posted by
S_Nicholas
May 27, 2008 7:49am PDT
S_Nicholas

The single line spacing feature doesn’t seem to be working properly in the 13×11 book format, even with the line-spacing button.  Instead of the single spacing staying consistent whether the lines are generated by natural word wrap or by a carriage return/enter, lines produced by a return are somewhere between a single space and a 1.5 space—and grabbing them all and selecting the single space button doesn’t change it.  I have used this feature extensively in other books, so know it can work but it is not working for me in this 13×11 book.  Any tips or is there a bug fix needed?  (I’m using the 1.9.5.23254 rev).

Posted by
CarolyneHart
Jun 13, 2008 12:20pm PDT
CarolyneHart

caroline, I have the same problem, but it only happens rarely (three times in 150 pages)

I think it must be a bug.

Posted by
textiletrav
Jun 14, 2008 5:35pm PDT
textiletrav

I forgot to say that I am working in the 8×10 portrait format.

Posted by
textiletrav
Jun 14, 2008 5:36pm PDT
textiletrav

I am getting a problem withline lengths too, when peasting-in from word; the text does not fill the text-block and returns are put in.

There seems no way to get rid of them, I have tryed deleting all the text and re-typing, yet the width is still too short.

Anyone know whats up?

Posted by
S_Nicholas
Jun 18, 2008 11:38am PDT
S_Nicholas

My problem is solved. I had first a problem of indents in the middle of a sentence.
Craig from Tech help solved that for me. I had to go back to word and select the text.Then go to to Format>Styles and Formating > Clear Formating (on right of page.)  Then I pasted that text into my book. Still the line spacing wouldn’t correct. So I tried selecting the line and several above and below, and changed the font size smaller . Then I reselected the lines and changed them back to the size I needed.  I could tell that the curser was larger than the letters in the row and that was causing the bigger linespacing. It all went back to normal after changing the font size.

Posted by
textiletrav
Jun 19, 2008 4:56am PDT
textiletrav