BookSmart

Locked Upload help

I just waited for 45 minutes as my book processed and uploaded. Right at the very end it said that it finished but a chunk was out of sequence. Now when I go to blurb.com it does not recognize that I’ve uploaded a book. Do I have to go through the entire upload process again? If so what happened so it doesn’t happen again?

Posted by
jcarnesi
Jun 4, 2008 11:19pm PDT
jcarnesi

Hello jcarnesi;

There are MANY reasons why uploads fail; many out of Blurb’s control…

The upload clearly failed, so you will need to start again. There is no FTP style "Resume" facility available.

You will know when the upload is succesful because you will get a pop-up window at the end inviting you to proceed to buy your book…

Give it another go… there’s no articular reason why it will fail again…

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jun 5, 2008 1:10am PDT
lkb-28

I hae the same problem as well. I tried to upload my book again, and the same error occur. Is thee any thing I can do?

Posted by
derekdnm
Jun 8, 2008 3:43am PDT
derekdnm

I, too, have had the upload fail about 5 times today. Turned off the firewall, got off wireless and hardwired my PC and upgraded the software, all  to no avail. Not sur ehow to turn off the "network firewall" either. I think there needs to be more directions on the upload proccess since it seems that many are experiencing technical difficulties!

Posted by
inkmyway
Jun 8, 2008 7:32pm PDT
inkmyway

Howdy all,

Upload issues are best handled by Customer Support. They won’t quit until your book is online. Please click here to drop them a line, and you’ll soon get the assistance you need.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,
Jeremy

Posted by
jbates
Jun 9, 2008 11:38am PDT
jbates

I too keep getting this problem.  It fails at different points each time – sometimes in the image upload, sometimes in processing page x, sometimes where it is uploading X mb of Ymb.  I have not successfully posted a book yet but been trying for days.  I have contacted support with little assistance.

Posted by
vsp
Nov 27, 2009 7:20pm PDT
vsp

And it doesnt matter what time of day either – nighttime or lunchtime.

what gives?

Posted by
vsp
Nov 27, 2009 7:21pm PDT
vsp

I have been trying all day, at least 8 times so far, and each time takes at least 30 minutes before I get a message saying connection lost……this seems to be a major problem experienced by many at the moment…….I trust Blurb will sort this out soon………….

Posted by
redsoxrunnin
Nov 27, 2009 8:06pm PDT
redsoxrunnin

i’m also having issues with upload today… i’ve tried 12 times (on two different computers, all different configs — wireless, hardwired, xp, vista, no firewall, firewall, laptop, desktop… all give me a failed upload with the same "chunk out of sequence" frustration. please please please fix. holiday ordering just got a whole lot harder. :(

Posted by
georgiabrown
Nov 27, 2009 8:57pm PDT
georgiabrown

Me too. I have been trying to upload a book all day, and keep getting "out of sequence chunk" error.  I have tried different computers, networks, configurations.  Spent hours trying to get this thing uploaded, with no luck.  Strange thing is I just uploaded a book last week from this computer with no problems whatsoever.  I am begining to wonder and hope that it is a problem on the blurb servers and they will solve it soon.

Posted by
trinettereed
Nov 27, 2009 10:45pm PDT
trinettereed

Hi folks,

Indeed we’re aware of this issue and working on it. A lot of people are successfully uploading their books, so trying again and on different connections, etc. is the way to go.

Thanks for your patience as we sort this out.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 28, 2009 4:31pm PDT
kathybad

Hi Kathy,

Your message says you are working on the issue.  I’ve been trying and trying. All my pictures are right rez, firewall and anti-virus off, hardwire to cable etc…  reviewed all this forum section for answers but…

Any solutions come up?

-P

Posted by
PeaJayEye
Jul 17, 2010 1:31pm PDT
PeaJayEye

Hi PeaJayEye,

I’m sorry to hear about your upload trouble. Upload issues can happen for a number of reasons, so please contact us here at customer support for assistance.

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it to keep things up to date. Should you have a question not answered by the info above please either start a new thread or contact us here at customer support.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Jul 18, 2010 6:18am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff